JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know Federal law says once your no-stock AR exceeds 26", it moves from "Pistol" to the same "Other Title I Firearm" class as the Remington 870 TAC-14 and the Mossberg Shockwave.

Two questions:
1. Does exceeding 26" make it no longer covered by my CPL? Right now with a 10.3" barrel and an Vltor A5 tube (3/4" longer than standard) I'm at 25.925" bare, 27.75" with brake, and another inch and change of growth coming from the LAW Tactical sidefolder.
2. Do I measure from end of buffer tube to the muzzle crown, or the end of the (not pinned) brake?

Your question #2 should be addressed to the local BATFE Office which is in the State of Seattle but I wouldn't take the Firearm in question with me. They seem to think they can not only write but selectively Enforce their own laws. And, with the current AG and Governor it seems they are right!

The feds call 26+ inches a Title 1 "Firearm" if it doesnt have a butt stock. The State calls a gun under 16" in barrel length without a butt stock a pistol without regards to OAL. Since you have to comply with both laws you'll need to comply with the more restrictive federal law although it is incredibly unlikely you'd ever be questioned by the feds about carrying a "firearm" .

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top