JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I own a ar in .223 cal. and love it. There is so many different ways you can go as in modifying it. Ammo is cheap. At the gun show that comes to the Portland expo center there is a vendor that sells ammo for approximately 240 buck per thousand. There are company's that sell .22 lr conversions for the ar so you could practice shooting for cheaper. I don't have any experience with the ak.

Hope this helps.

Ford vs Chevy; Honda vs Toyota....lol. I like both systems, but prefer the AK-74 in 5.45x39mm since Russian milsurp ammo is very cheap & it is different. Why have what everyone else has? Just go to a range ans see how many guys are shooting ARs or 7.62x39 AKs.

You make a good point my friend. i should have a better attitude so consider it changed, i still dont appreciate being called names and such on an adult forum.

Matt
I agree, I don't like it when people make uncalled for personal remarks either. Those kind of people usually end up earning a place on my ignore list.

I own a ar in .223 cal. and love it. There is so many different ways you can go as in modifying it. Ammo is cheap. At the gun show that comes to the Portland expo center there is a vendor that sells ammo for approximately 240 buck per thousand. There are company's that sell .22 lr conversions for the ar so you could practice shooting for cheaper. I don't have any experience with the ak.

Hope this helps.
Cheap ammo guy at the gun show = Miwall
Arguably best .22 lr conversion AND dedicated upper maker is CMMG. A dedicated 22 upper make shooting your AR much cheaper and it can be shot at all indoor ranges that I know of locally.

Thanks to everyone who posted, Ive actually decided to go with an ar because i love lego's lol. I already ordered a stripped palmetto lower which will ship on the 15th YAY! Im just researching everything right now so any input on the ar would be helpful as well.

Thanks, Matt

Always take the AK because of the 'evilness' factor. Just look how the media vilifies the AK, that means that with an AK you will garner immediate respect.

:buttrock:

I used to own an AR, and it shot very well. But I'm not into all the expensive accessories and gear, which is a big part of the AR15 love affair. I just wanted a cheap lightweight rifle I could set down anywhere and not worry about scratching. So I bought an AK and now I just have fun shooting with iron sights. I focus on being a good shot and not so much on my equipment.

Thanks to everyone who posted, Ive actually decided to go with an ar because i love lego's lol. I already ordered a stripped palmetto lower which will ship on the 15th YAY! Im just researching everything right now so any input on the ar would be helpful as well.

Thanks, Matt

Congratulations on your choice. Either one, you wouldn't have gone wrong...

Here is a Good place to start.

How to build an AR from ground up
Assemble your own LOWER, UPPER, FREE FLOAT, TRIGGER, GAS BLOCK - Step by step instructions! - AR15.COM

MidwayUSA and Brownelles both have video's on youtube to help you along the build of your AR.

Also, Youtube has a lot of video's on any subject you may need help with on the AR.

Post Pictures when your done.

Stay Safe.

Originally Posted by borrowedsig View Post
Seriously? Dont come on the thread and be a jerk. Its uncalled for, especially when you dont know me.

Matt

Everyone is the same on the internet. Just a name on a post.
Nobody is better or smarter until proven different.

Never take any of this personally. Just ain't worth it

Please....like it's even a question. What good is a gun you can't hit anything with? Like 99% of Russian junk, AK's are junk. They are popular in the media because an AK is the most the hip hop style gansta's can afford and they brag on their junk and most people don't know any better. For a 30 cal the 7.62x39 round is anemic.

Buy an AR and don't expect to use it for defence past 125 yds unless you plan to pincushion your victim.

IMHO. Ha!

You have no clue what you're talking about. Or was this just a post to stir up crap?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top