JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im a AK guy so bear with me,

Ok, so I got this complete RRA assembled AR lower in a trade. Problem is is that it is registered as a AR pistol. What can I do with this? Can I put a 16 inch barrel and a stock on it or do I have to build it as a pistol?

I know that the majority of upper and lowers interchange so can I just put any upper on it that I want and it will fit?

Also, on my oly arms AR it says "caliber multi". On this pistol lower it says "caliber 5.56". I really dont want to build a 5.56 AR. I would rather do a 5.45 AR or a 22lr or even a 410 shotty upper. Will this work with my lower?

Thanks eldbillbo for the link. Seems I can build my pistol into a rifle. But, that doesnt answer my other questions that I have. The AR15 site jams up my computer so I cant do any searches on that site. Anybody else want to chime in?

You can put any upper on it you want, just not a stock (unless you add a 16" or longer barrel), there is no maximum length limit for a pistol. You can legally run whatever ammo will work through your lower.

I am building an AR right now that will have three uppers (4.5" .22LR, 5.5" 9mm, and 10.5 .223) I'll be getting the SBR so I will be able to use a stock. I always thought it would be cool to have one lower that you use with a .22lr and a BMG .50 single shot conversion upper.

Also, on my oly arms AR it says "caliber multi". On this pistol lower it says "caliber 5.56". I really dont want to build a 5.56 AR. I would rather do a 5.45 AR or a 22lr or even a 410 shotty upper. Will this work with my lower?

5.45, .410 or .22LR will work fine, just get the appropriate bolt carrier, conversion/chamber barrel, upper. Also some buffer tube springs "might" need to be changed for the caliber.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews