JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I have decided to build something, but have no idea what I want. I just want to buy lower receivers for AR 15 and AR 10 now and later get other parts. It will be my first rifle so I don't want to expansive, something in the middle. So far I was recommended to look at Aero precision. Any help will be appreciated. Also if there are any links for me to read, please send. Thanks.

In my opinion, a mil-spec lower is a lower. Unless there is a special feature you want that only one manufacture makes.

With the AR-10, there a few versions since there is no mil-spec. You will make sure to get one compatible with the parts you want.

Last Edited:
It really doesn't matter in a practical sense. All lowers will mate with an upper and go boom.

I would not buy a dik-cheep lower but many would.

Aero is good for lowers.

I kinda want a Bushmaster lower for nostalgia's sake.

...and, if you don't find the ghetto bling lowers objectionable, you can select one with customized engravings to make you smile. Many lowers are made with politically themed designs (example)

When I finally built mine (after couple years of slow reading on how-to) I had an Aero Precision stripped lower, then bought parts kits from Palmetto. Note that holidays season is approaching which should have great Palmetto sales, free shipping etc That's what I did for xmas 2021 and built my first AR.

I picked up a complete aero M4E1 lower with BCM parts for $150. Deals are out there in the NWFA classifieds if you look. IMHO all stripped lowers under $100 are going to perform equally well for future budget builds. I like your plan to get stripped lowers now and worry about other parts later.

Deals are out there in the NWFA classifieds if you look.
Yup. Several just recently posted in the "great deals" section. Anderson and PSA also have stripped lowers at reasonable prices. About half the cost of Aero P's.

Personally, I prefer 80% lowers, but unless you have access to a jig and appropriate tools the start up cost can be prohibitive. It all depends on how many you plan to do to average out the tooling costs.

I agree though that stocking lowers is the way to go for now.

To be aware though that they are not "all" created equal and price is not always the determining factor. They can all have their quirks in the magwell, upper mounting pins fit, etc....

One suggestion would be to invest in a caliper (if you don't already have one) to check specs when they are still within the return/replacement windows... or at the least test them with an upper you already have... as well as checking your mags in the well's and screw on a buffer tube.

Radian lowers are the only lowers i would buy. Rest are junk. Hope i did not offend the poors.
Who doesn't love AR gear with proprietary components, right!!? 🤣

If any fail, elements of your rifle are "dead dead" while you hope that company is still in business, still stocks older model replacement parts and you fork out dolla bills enough to where you probably could have just replaced the whole thing with a standard mil-spec lower.

What's not to love!! :s0140:

If any fail, elements of your rifle are "dead dead" while you hope that company is still in business, still stocks older model replacement parts and you fork out dolla bills enough to where you probably could have just replaced the whole thing with a standard mil-spec lower.

Pretty much

There are no proprietary parts, sorry poor uneducated ar owner

Really?

The A-DAC 15 features the patented A-DAC (Ambidextrous Dual Action Catch)

SART (Self-Adjusting Receiver Tensioner) spring-loaded plunger to reduce upper/lower wobble

All proprietary hardware included (extended bolt catch, left-side magazine release paddle, right-side magazine release button, right-side bolt release paddle, hammer pin
https://www.radianweapons.com/en/receivers/lower-receiver

BTW, I attended the same Armorer class as the Radian crew.

:s0140:

"A-DAC 15 features the patented A-DAC (Ambidextrous Dual Action Catch), which allows right-handed shooters to easily lock the bolt to the rear without taking their hand off fire control."

"SART (Self-Adjusting Receiver Tensioner) spring-loaded plunger to reduce upper/lower wobble"

" All proprietary hardware included (extended bolt catch, left-side magazine release paddle, right-side magazine release button, right-side bolt release paddle, hammer pin"
1667545326593.png

Someone is obviously smokin some good giggle weed..... 🤣

EDIT: I guess I was slow. 👍

I see the problem @ronin223

proprietary noun
pro·pri·e·tary | \ prə-ˈprī-ə-ˌter-ē \

plural proprietaries
[Definition of proprietary
(Entry 1 of 2)
1:
one that possesses, owns, or holds exclusive right to something specifically : PROPRIETOR sense 1
2: something that is used, produced, or marketed under exclusive legal right of the inventor or maker specifically : a drug (such as a patent medicine) that is protected by secrecy, patent, or copyright against free competition as to name, product, composition, or process of manufacture

:s0140:

Aero will be a fine lower to build off of and don't think I would personally go cheaper than that. I'm not a fan of Anderson or Palmetto-and that's just my personal preference.

BCM is my go to and gives me that comfortably when doing a build. I have a buddy who builds off of spikes and loves them. I think your good with any mil-spec and would even consider keeping a eye out for a nice Gucci used lower that may save you some cash in the long run.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top