JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im a AK guy so bear with me,

Ok, so I got this complete RRA assembled AR lower in a trade. Problem is is that it is registered as a AR pistol. What can I do with this? Can I put a 16 inch barrel and a stock on it or do I have to build it as a pistol?

I know that the majority of upper and lowers interchange so can I just put any upper on it that I want and it will fit?

Also, on my oly arms AR it says "caliber multi". On this pistol lower it says "caliber 5.56". I really dont want to build a 5.56 AR. I would rather do a 5.45 AR or a 22lr or even a 410 shotty upper. Will this work with my lower?

Thanks eldbillbo for the link. Seems I can build my pistol into a rifle. But, that doesnt answer my other questions that I have. The AR15 site jams up my computer so I cant do any searches on that site. Anybody else want to chime in?

You can put any upper on it you want, just not a stock (unless you add a 16" or longer barrel), there is no maximum length limit for a pistol. You can legally run whatever ammo will work through your lower.

I am building an AR right now that will have three uppers (4.5" .22LR, 5.5" 9mm, and 10.5 .223) I'll be getting the SBR so I will be able to use a stock. I always thought it would be cool to have one lower that you use with a .22lr and a BMG .50 single shot conversion upper.

Also, on my oly arms AR it says "caliber multi". On this pistol lower it says "caliber 5.56". I really dont want to build a 5.56 AR. I would rather do a 5.45 AR or a 22lr or even a 410 shotty upper. Will this work with my lower?

5.45, .410 or .22LR will work fine, just get the appropriate bolt carrier, conversion/chamber barrel, upper. Also some buffer tube springs "might" need to be changed for the caliber.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top