JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As rank newbie AR beginner, I've noted a considerable internet commentary on this model.

Would appreciate discussion of pros/cons of the model specific "Carbon 15" which I guess is no longer made.

I realize there was addition of a ejector port cover sometime in the model run, which also had other changes/upgrades.

I'm far more at home with single shot buffalo guns or even lever carbines. The EBRs just never have established much interest. What I hear is conflicting rumors & etc.
No 1st hand experience but the Carbon 15 is probably the worst AR ever brought to market.
The lower AND upper are polymer.
Glad they finally stopped making them.

carbon15kb.jpg

When one of these experiences a kaboom it disappears except for the barrel and the buttstock.

I'm far more at home with single shot buffalo guns or even lever carbines. The EBRs just never have established much interest.
I've struggled to develop interest in/taste for the EBR variants.
So far nothing actually has worked to create such fervor....
Then why force it? Nobody says you have to have an AR. There are plenty of firearms that I have very little enthusiasm for (Tavor, Sphynx, MCX) so I just spend my money on what I like. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to get a 38/357 lever action into the stable along with the ARs and bolt guns.

There's an old saying in trucking (brought to you now by an old trucker), "Never let the guy behind you drive your truck". Meaning (in this context), don't feel pressured to do something you don't want to do. Getting out of your "comfort zone" is all fine and good as it relates to certain activities. Othertimes it's just peer pressure or keeping up w the Jonses... no need for all that.
I do think, however, that getting out with a good-performing borrowed AR rifle might change your mind about the platform and work up the enthusiasm you're looking for... just stay away from plastic model(s). They really aren't worth it, especially now with prices on "good" guns so low.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top