JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe sit down and cycle the bolt/trigger about 100 times to smooth it out, with oil of course.

However, if what @bolus mentioned is the problem and you have an out of spec receiver or trigger group, working it smooth may not be a good idea.

I had the same problem on my first build. It was a rough contact surface on the disconnector. Once I polished that up a little everything was fine. Does the trigger "arm" if you push it forward after the first shot?

What kind of trigger if you have one try a different trigger I mean everything .
I didn't read the whole thread .
Sounds like hammer follow or lite strike .you can try just change one spring at a time or just do the whole thing.

I am just wondering if buffer is too heavy and I need to get a lighter one.

In your video in the OP in looked like there was a live round in the chamber with a dead trigger so you are probably fine there. If it was a spent round then you'd be looking at the gas and buffer systems. A 16" barrel with a carbine gas system will run fine with an H or H2 buffer. Standard carbine buffers are worthless and should be eliminated from the planet.

I am just wondering if buffer is too heavy and I need to get a lighter one.
If the buffer was to heavy you would get a Short stroke and it probably would not pick up the next round but it could be a lot of things.
Lol start with the simple stuff I guess change the buffer spring then the buffer .
Then start changing trigger springs.
I was getting short Stoke on one of mine I changed buffer sping and it worked.
My sister's gun was doing light strike.
Fire one or two then nothing but a click .rack it fire then click.change the whole Trigger .now no PROBLEMS.
Welcome to the world of building your own .
LOL

You can make your buffer lighter if you have one like this punch out the pin take out a wht and try it .the wht are supposed to slide back and forth a little so you can put something like in there to take up the space piece of rubber or something MVIMG_20180630_100407.jpg IMG_20180630_104044.jpg

I have built a few two of them I had issue with .
Like I said I just started simple changing the easiest Stuff first .but with my sister's gun it was the trigger system that was bad I had to replace it.partly my fault got a cheap drop in trigger . replace with a volocty trigger and it works fine now I also have .
POF trigger and a BCM TRIGGER .AND some other ones it's just a matter of time before you find the PROBLEM it sucks going to the range and spend most of your time working changing parts.
But sometimes that's what you have to do

You can find volocty trigger on eBay for 134 bucks.
And there pretty good drop in trigger
Accully the guy who makes them .
Used to design and make triggers for TIMMNY .
HE WENT OUT ON HIS OWN .and makes the volocty trigger system now.they come in 3lb and 4 lb I have two of them timmny or gusslie .
I can't remember but one of those exspesive ones LOL

I have a gun that has a bionary trigger .so I built it like the guy said on YouTube heavy buffer spring a regular buffer but a low mass BCG LOL .IT WORKS GREAT .
BUT HERE IS THE DOWN SIDE.
Almost five hundred dollars just for a trigger system lol

lol...
I plan on getting a hyperfire.

I'm not a fan of unitized or cassette style triggers, but one advantage they do have is if you are dealing with an out of spec receiver they stand a better chance of working than a standard GI style trigger.

Geissele gets most of my money these days unless it is a budget build then it is ALG ACT, BCM PNT or SIONICS EMT. The SSA is my general purpose go to trigger I have an SSA-E and a NM DMR in precision rifles. I honestly see no reason to broaden my horizon in this department.

Franklin Armery binary trigger there are hundreds of videos on YouTube .
LOL IT DUMPS MAGS LIKE A FULL AUTO almost so there is the other down side .you go through ammo like crazy.

I'm not a fan of unitized or cassette style triggers, but one advantage they do have is if you are dealing with an out of spec receiver they stand a better chance of working than a standard GI style trigger.

Geissele gets most of my money these days unless it is a budget build then it is ALG ACT, BCM PNT or SIONICS EMT. The SSA is my general purpose go to trigger I have an SSA-E and a NM DMR in precision rifles. I honestly see no reason to broaden my horizon in this department.
ALG AND BCM .are my go to favorite for a basic trigger and you can find them for around 60 to 70 bucks

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top