JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This may be incredibly stupid to most gun savvy people, but is the AR-15 legal in Oregon for some punk kid like myself to own and use on a range? Also, are any accessories in particular banned from use in Oregon? I have wanted a rifle such as this for a while and like the AR-15 for the high level of customization available.

It is perfectly legal for a "punk kid" such as yourself to own an AR15, or even a dozen AR15's, as long as you're 18+ years old and legally able to own a firearm. As far as legal/illegal accessories go, (and everyone feel free to correct me on this) there aren't many accessories that are illegal in Oregon. Some have NFA requirements, but most or all are legal.:D

P.S. There are no stupid questions, especially LEGAL questions. We all want to have fun without fear of getting busted:)

Tyler---No restrictions at all other than the ones that apply to all rifles.
There are even some tactical rifle and 3 gun matches in the area if you
want to give that AR some exercise. :)

Welcome :) .

I have wanted a rifle such as this for a while and like the AR-15 for the high level of customization available.

My advice is, if you are going to be a first time rifle owner, to save the 'customization' until after you learn to shoot the rifle well with its open sights (which are very good for the task). If you aren't proficient, I'm going to recommend that you attend a local weekend Appleseed shoot, which costs about $70.

Appleseed Project Home

Other than that, if you are legally allowed to own a firearm, you're good to go :s0155: .

Keith

Hey thanks guys! You have all been so entirely helpful, I can't wait to order my rifle and start practice. I am legally blind, which means i can still see, but not very well, so for me competitive shooting seems like a real challenge that I can't wait to overcome!

Hey thanks guys! You have all been so entirely helpful, I can't wait to order my rifle and start practice. I am legally blind, which means i can still see, but not very well, so for me competitive shooting seems like a real challenge that I can't wait to overcome!

Legally blind...woo hoo! Have I got something for you to try ;) .

I'm not sure what the cause of your condition is, for me its astigmatism and age, but more often than not a 'peep' sight can demonstrable improve an eyeglass wearer's vision while shooting. As a test, make a tiny hole, about 1/16th of an inch in diameter, by wrapping your index finger into itself and peeping through it. If you are like most people, you should immediately be able to see (and even read small text) without glasses. If this test works for you, the open sights on an AR should be helpful to your ability to shoot, and there are even small apertures that you can buy and stick on your regular glasses to aid you as well.

Keith

Right on. More power to ya brother. You shouldn't have to order one in. Most all gun shops have a few ARs on the shelf. Make sure to get one that has a flat top upper, with a carry handle sight. That way, later on, it's easier to put a scope or red dot on the flat top, and then you can always go back to the carry handle sight, if you like that better.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top