JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Had a Armalite AR-10 in .243 for a while, when it ran, it was accurate, but it was hell finding magazines that actually worked/fit the mag well, and it wasn't a light rifle by any measure! Was fun when it ran, but a PIA the rest of the time, and really soured me on the AR-10 concept for a long time!

I have to walk about a mile to my spot and to carry a AR10 for that long period of time in a heavy wooden area at my age, well not for me anymore. I use a Ruger 1 in 3006 that weights in at 7lbs. The Ruger is only used when I leave Florida to go hunting. Here in Florida the deer are the size of a Great Dane.

I've got the bigger, older brother of your rifle. It's a fine rifle but I definitely bought it for durability, longevity sake and not for it's light weight. I'd be curious to feel yours in comparison to see how significantly lighter it is.

yeah, got one of those too... This is for more bench/range/DMR type fun. It used to have the 4 side 1913 rail, but I changed it out for a newer, (slightly), slimmer version. Several thousand through this over the years - I love it.
VOrF8Q.jpg

The Revolution really handles like a midweight AR15. I'd only put 60 rounds through it before lockdown, so longevity I can't speak to, but I trust POF not to sell something that'll rattle apart.
When this chaos dies down, you're welcome to try it.

yeah, got one of those too... This is for more bench/range/DMR type fun. It used to have the 4 side 1913 rail, but I changed it out for a newer, (slightly), slimmer version. Several thousand through this over the years - I love it.
View attachment 690524

The Revolution really handles like a midweight AR15. I'd only put 60 rounds through it before lockdown, so longevity I can't speak to, but I trust POF not to sell something that'll rattle apart.
When this chaos dies down, you're welcome to try it.
I have exactly zero rounds through mine. Just waiting for an opportunity at this point.
20200428_150346.jpg

I built an AR10 for hunting.
I carried it hunting for a couple elk seasons, but ended up realizing it wasn't worth it.
1. It was almost 14lbs with scope and loaded.
2. Seriously the most important reason, we live in the pacNW. It's wet and rainy.
I ended up taking it completely apart every time and dried it out. That was a pain after humping all day.

I built and AR10 a few years ago for hunting. After dragging it around for a season I built a 6.5 Grendel. Carried that around for 3 seasons until I got tired of cold steel coming through my gloves and was still not what I would call light. Went back to my 270 bolt gun and am happy I did. AR10 is fine if you do not have to pack it around much. Mine was over 13 LBS with ammo.

6.5 Grendel

20160104_205402.jpg

AR10 308

20151223_094704.jpg

20151223_094704.jpg

I have to walk about a mile to my spot and to carry a AR10 for that long period of time in a heavy wooden area at my age, well not for me anymore. I use a Ruger 1 in 3006 that weights in at 7lbs. The Ruger is only used when I leave Florida to go hunting. Here in Florida the deer are the size of a Great Dane.

A mile to your spot!!!

Dang man I walk to mile to get to a spot where I start my hike, then I scour another 5-10 miles.

But I'm a hiker. I like exploring and that doesn't make for a good hunter.
I go hunting for the adventure not just the prize.
Maybe I just don't get out enough.

Is anyone using the AR-10 platform for hunting around here? I'm about to drop some coin on a CMMG MK3 in. .308 for a hunting rifle as well as just for some shooting fun. Considering the 6.5 Creedmore as well, but price and availability of ammo for that makes the .308 more attractive for me.View attachment 681771
My SIG 716 looks a lot like this but all black and just as heavy. I'll sell it to you :).

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top