JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
Reactions
Finally, after more than a year's absence, Appleseed is back at Chehalem Valley Sportsman's Club in Dundee, OR! This will be a Patriot's Day weekend with the shoot falling so close to April 19th which is the 245th anniversary of the start of the American Revolutionary War.

Come on out and learn the basics of rifle marksmanship while also hearing some of the stories about how the Revolutionary War began, and why it's still important today.

This is also a unique shoot because for those who shoot a Rifleman score that weekend, Appleseed will bestow a limited edition Patriots Day Rifleman patch!

You can sign up for the event here:

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A RIMFIRE ONLY EVENT! NO CENTERFIRE RIFLES!

Here's some info on how to prepare for Appleseed:

If you have any questions about Appleseed, please feel free to PM me- I'll be happy to answer all your questions as best I can!

What would you recommend for optics? I have a 1-4x LVPO and a 3-9x-40 scope. Either one can be mounted on my AR-22.

Oops - just thought about where this is held and the distances. Think it's time to break out the old set of MBUS sights and get them mounted.

Last Edited:
With my eyes, a 3x9 scope works quite well at rimfire Appleseed events. There are others with better vision who can do it with open irons though. Alas I cannot!

One thing is for sure though, Appleseed is more physically taxing than many think. Getting up and down from the various shooting positions we teach is strenuous over two days. I tell people to go at your own pace! Make Appleseed your own. If you're having a hard time with the positions, then adapt! There are many ways to adapt to the shooting positions, and in addition to learning the correct way to shoot, we also want people to have fun!

The #1 thing I always tell people as well- make sure your rimfire rifle is dead nuts accurate at 25 meters BEFORE you come to the event! Make sure it's right on target, and make sure all screws, nuts, and/or bolts are in place and Loctite'd down. That way, if you're off target then you know it's because of something YOU'RE doing, and not the rifle itself.

Also be aware that the weather is going to be hot this weekend! For those if you with shooting mats I'd strongly suggest bringing a couple bath towels to lay down with your mat to prevent your elbows from getting scorched on a blazing hot mat.

Is .22 WMR acceptable? I would like to attend with my daughter, but only have one .22LR rifle. I have a .22WMR (CMR-30) rifle though.

Now I'm confused. What distances will we be shooting and why the emphasis on 25 yds?

Would carpet or a gym mat work well for a shooting mat?
All shooting for this event is done at 25 meters. Gym mat might be a little skinny, carpeting works well as a shooting mat. Just know that all the mats will be laying over gravel, so plan accordingly. And bring Gatorade! And sunscreen!

All shooting for this event is done at 25 meters. Gym mat might be a little skinny, carpeting works well as a shooting mat. Just know that all the mats will be laying over gravel, so plan accordingly. And bring Gatorade! And sunscreen!
I read up a little more and now see that they use smaller targets. 3-9x scope sounds appropriate. Signed up for the Appleseed bog and looked for suggestions for shooting mats. Someone suggested moving blankets. I have some from Harbor Freight so will bring one of those.

I read up a little more and now see that they use smaller targets. 3-9x scope sounds appropriate. Signed up for the Appleseed bog and looked for suggestions for shooting mats. Someone suggested moving blankets. I have some from Harbor Freight so will bring one of those.
I'd bring two just in case.

Headed out to the Albany range tomorrow morning to zero my .22. There are 50 yd target stands but no 25 yd. I think I can step off 25 yards in bay 12 so may check that out as well.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top