JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you filed a comment on the proposed ballot title for IP43 a few days ago, you now have standing to appeal the revised ballot title to the Oregon Supreme Court. I'm told that this will further delay signature gathering until the Oregon Supreme Court can deal with the appeals. The form for filing such an appeal was provided to me by OFF:

http://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Documents/SEL324.pdf

Be aware that the filing fee involved appears to be $391 and that there is a filing deadline of just a few days from the time a final ballot title is issued (It was issued yesterday). Perhaps a bunch of us would like to contribute toward the $391 filing fee, and one of us with standing could file an appeal. I cannot do it. I will be completely out of touch for 10 days starting this afternoon. If somebody wants to take this on you might want to contact Kevin Starrett at OFF for some pointers.

If you filed a comment on the proposed ballot title for IP43 a few days ago, you now have standing to appeal the revised ballot title to the Oregon Supreme Court. I'm told that this will further delay signature gathering until the Oregon Supreme Court can deal with the appeals. The form for filing such an appeal was provided to me by OFF:

http://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Documents/SEL324.pdf

Be aware that the filing fee involved appears to be $391 and that there is a filing deadline of just a few days from the time a final ballot title is issued (It was issued yesterday). Perhaps a bunch of us would like to contribute toward the $391 filing fee, and one of us with standing could file an appeal. I cannot do it. I will be completely out of touch for 10 days starting this afternoon. If somebody wants to take this on you might want to contact Kevin Starrett at OFF for some pointers.

Couple of questions:
What is the best possible outcome if you win your appeal? Rewording of the ballot title?

What is the minimum cost to you if you lose your appeal? I think you have to pay the fees (and maybe legal costs) of the opposition. Need to know this before appealing.

Couple of questions:
What is the best possible outcome if you win your appeal? Rewording of the ballot title?

What is the minimum cost to you if you lose your appeal? I think you have to pay the fees (and maybe legal costs) of the opposition. Need to know this before appealing.

Best case scenario, the Court declares the IP invalid, ether it cannot reasonably title and list the actions for a workable IP, it strikes it down as unconstitutnal ( unlikely) it refuses to consider the weight of the c chalenges and upholds the A.G.s title and list and let's it fly as written! At the least, the Court proceeings hold the signature gatherings up long enough to pass the allowable time frame to gather signatures, effectively neutralizing the IP with out ruling ( which is likely, as it dosnt inpune the Or. Super Court) and set president, which would then give grounds for a challenge to the 9th and the SCOTUS!

If it gets on the ballot we're going to lose.

Agreed, that's why By Hook or By Crook, we gotta keep it tied up by any and all means available! Let' catch them lieing and submit it to the SOS, let's keep it locked up in court, let' keep up the pressure on the damn IRS against this so called "Church" including some civil action for putting us in danger! Let' field every weapon we can use to stop this in its tracks, and punish this fringe group enough to ensure they do t come back in 2020! Eff um, they put each and every one of us at risk, unable to defend ourselves, time for payback says me!

Agreed, that's why By Hook or By Crook, we gotta keep it tied up by any and all means available! Let' catch them lieing and submit it to the SOS, let's keep it locked up in court, let' keep up the pressure on the damn IRS against this so called "Church" including some civil action for putting us in danger! Let' field every weapon we can use to stop this in its tracks, and punish this fringe group enough to ensure they do t come back in 2020! Eff um, they put each and every one of us at risk, unable to defend ourselves, time for payback says me!
Yup. Hoist the Colors, me hearties! Arrrrrrrrrrr!

Ill put cash in.
As well, I'll throw in 10% of the asking price of my Model 60 LS for sale in the handgun classifieds if it's aold instead of traded.
Put the green paper stuff where your word holes are.

Does reading threads about IP43 and 44 get anyone's blood boiling?

Any title other than "Outright ban on semi-automatic firearms (with exceptions.)" is misleading. Unfortunately, knowing the voting populace in Or, it might still pass.

I'm going out with my wife to sign as many of these petitions as I can. She's not a citizen but she feels strongly that we should ban semi automatic rifles so you can count on us, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, to sign as many times as we can!

I'm going out with my wife to sign as many of these petitions as I can. She's not a citizen but she feels strongly that we should ban semi automatic rifles so you can count on us, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, to sign as many times as we can!
I wouldn't do that, they only test in batches meaning your signatures could very well count.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews