Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone used the Vortex red dot?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by finch6013, Jun 15, 2009.

1. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

2. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

from the specs etc., they appear to be ok. Not sure I would use under combat conditions, but for general use, for the money they look like they'd be ok. Better than the cheap Aimpoint knock-offs.

3. NoAim

NoAim Hillsboro, OR Active Member

I have. Really nice red dot. The dot is bright, and I dare say clearer than an Aimpoint. Glass is clear, if a bit dark (due to the coatings).

It handled .308 recoil fine.

I may actually grab another one.

4. PDXGS

PDXGS Aloha... yes, Aloha, Oregon Member

So this is a red-dot scope that has a screw-on 2X magnifier.....hmmm interesting....I wonder how it would work with a LaRue Po Boy Special?
    That would give you a 2.5X flip-to-the-side magnifier.

5. finch6013

Jhon L at PR had one on his gun. When we swapped guns I got the chance to use it, and at targets around 100yds it was nice. I felt I was faster with a red dot. He had only had the scope for a few weeks and didn't really have a review yet.

6. tionico

tionico Thurston County Well-Known Member

Hmmmm.. doesn't look bad, and at a buck an a half, the price is right there. Been looking for something to put on that new FN AR I got..... website says tested on .375 H&H Mag for 1000 rounds, stayed put. that's some recoil to deal with, right there.

7. finch6013

Burris has a new one comming out late this month called the 332. Looks even better than this one with a 3x mag. But it runs twice the price

8. finch6013

so I ordered the Vortex from midway. Should be here by the 26th I think. I will let you know what I think when I get it and take it out for a sight in