JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is an article.

Do you train properly in the use of the holster so your not grabbing the trigger when you draw?

There are plenty of other holster that if you practice putting your finger on the trigger while drawing, your going to have a ND.

If you like them fine. Use them. But the known safety issues and QC are enough to make me, virtually all LE agencies, all competitive shooting events and frankly MOST folks here on NWFA avoid them.

I'd call most "accidental discharge" a negligent discharge and will chalk them up to someone being dumb.
My beef with serpa is quality and strength.
Broke one playing with it - can't imagine it would stay on my belt if someone is trying to yank it off me.

Granted, if concealed they wouldn't know to grab it but my quality concerns still apply.
I've used them for years, working on vehicles, out in the woods, banging up against things, running, even cutting in the woods with my chainsaw. Never had a quality issue, always held up well, years or regular use...

I've used them for years, working on vehicles, out in the woods, banging up against things, running, even cutting in the woods with my chainsaw. Never had a quality issue, always held up well, years or regular use...

What form of stressors have you experienced with them while attempting to rapidly draw and put shots on target?

sorry, "while" not "will"

Last Edited:
Did a shooting competition with my brother a bit over a year ago, first one and didn't shoot myself.

20+ years of paintball in stressful environments CQB, with paintball markers and pistols with lighter triggers than some firearms at times, you can get your adrenaline going and without proper trigger control, aka, finger off till your ready to shoot, you can shoot yourself or teammates.

Having to draw your paintball pistol while under fire with persons running up to take you out sound stressful enough?

If you want to train in a live fire type scenario, try paintball, especially with CQB where engagements can be point blank.
So the holster reached up and grabbed the trigger and shot him.... or perhaps his technique on depressing the firearm release was flawed and he put his finger on the trigger, shot himself and blamed the holster for his own stupidity...

This sounds like blaming the inanimate object rather than the person that pulled the trigger... sound familiar?

Did a shooting competition with my brother a bit over a year ago, first one and didn't shoot myself.

20+ years of paintball in stressful environments CQB, with paintball markers and pistols with lighter triggers than some firearms at times, you can get your adrenaline going and without proper trigger control, aka, finger off till your ready to shoot, you can shoot yourself or teammates.

Having to draw your paintball pistol while under fire with persons running up to take you out sound stressful enough?

If you want to train in a live fire type scenario, try paintball, especially with CQB where engagements can be point blank.

So the holster reached up and grabbed the trigger and shot him.... or perhaps his technique on depressing the firearm release was flawed and he put his finger on the trigger, shot himself and blamed the holster for his own stupidity...

This sounds like blaming the inanimate object rather than the person that pulled the trigger... sound familiar?

So strange how so many experts and leaders in the firearm industry recommend NOT using them yet you continue to argue how great they are? Fine. Like I said earlier, use them if you want to but your argument is silly and I certainly won't take your word on this compared to folks that do it for a living. Regarding the competitive shooting you did.....that's great. Who sanctioned it?

Edited to add: Your paintball experience is completely irrelevant. Yes, I have played. On a team. For many years. And paintball ain't firearms. Period. Shoot, airsoft is more realistic than paintball. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
I leave my EDC in my night stand, chambered. Just sitting there in the open drawer.

And while I have had no NDs or nor stolen weapons, I would be a fool to endorse this practice for anyone else but me.

It's ok, some people think

So strange how so many experts and leaders in the firearm industry recommend NOT using them yet you continue to argue how great they are? Fine. Like I said earlier, use them if you want to but your argument is silly and I certainly won't take your word on this compared to folks that do it for a living.
I'd be tempted to say too many people doing it wrong and shooting themselves, an industry where due to persons negligence, these experts to be "safe" recommend against said holsters to avoid a person not learning the proper technique and shooting themselves that would then lay blame on a person who may have recommended it...

It could very well be the band wagon effect, negligent users improperly using a product with shooting themselves outcomes and rather that teach proper use, just ban/blacklist the item so no one will buy it and therefore improperly use it...

Use the same trigger finger placement when drawing from any other holster, your finger pointed in at the trigger with light pressure and soon we could have another style of holster to ban from improperly drawing the firearm.

I'd be tempted to say too many people doing it wrong and shooting themselves, an industry where due to persons negligence, these experts to be "safe" recommend against said holsters to avoid a person not learning the proper technique and shooting themselves that would then lay blame on a person who may have recommended it...

It could very well be the band wagon effect, negligent users improperly using a product with shooting themselves outcomes and rather that teach proper use, just ban/blacklist the item so no one will buy it and therefore improperly use it...

Use the same trigger finger placement when drawing from any other holster, your finger pointed in at the trigger with light pressure and soon we could have another style of holster to ban from improperly drawing the firearm.

You have extremely experienced people here telling you they suck (take me out of it, I know nothing for sake of this discussion). You have multiple linked articles from industry experts and professionals saying they suck. You have LE agencies banning them from use because they suck. You have MOST sanctioned competitive events banning them because they suck.

I don't think anything you just said is relevant besides you like them and you want to argue.

You have extremely experienced people here telling you they suck (take me out of it, I know nothing for sake of this discussion). You have multiple linked articles from industry experts and professionals saying they suck. You have LE agencies banning them from use because they suck. You have MOST sanctioned competitive events banning them because they suck.

I don't think anything you just said is relevant besides you like them and you want to argue.
I get a lot of people don't like them, also pointing out potential reasons why, including general liability based on what I believe started as improper use that grew.

I get I won't change most people's minds, was simply making some points, perhaps a different perspective, and suggesting that improper use of inanimate objects, such as the person using them was to blame.

The firearms industry labeling a given product as dangerous since having one means you will likely shoot yourself almost feels like the media saying the evil AR15 is dangerous and to prevent mass shootings, they must be banned....

I can see that despite any points given, there are people that don't care and will align themselves with the "experts" who say owning this holster means you will shoot yourself...

I am in no way upset in regards to this "argument" I appreciate the references and articles presented. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

I used to airsoft in high school. You can basically put me on the same level as a navy seal.

uncle_rico_2.jpg

Once again. You link a guy who is an amazing shooter. Who has never done any real world combat. If I was taking shooting lessons I would listen to him. Tactics on the other hand I would not. He is amazing at what he does though.

Just saying other things can translate over to firearms...
Translate yes. But building a foundation on paintball or airsoft and putting complete faith in it is a little more than shaky. We used airsoft and sims in the Marines. It's a much different feeling when it's a loaded firearm in your hand.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top