JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thinking of getting an urban carry holster.
There are days where I spend too much time bending/stooping over for the IWB at 4 o'clock position under just a t-shirt like I often wear to not print or at least not to work about it.
I often pocket carry something smaller (not an LCP but that size) in these instances, but would like an easy way to make something Glock 26 size work.

I keep seeing their ads and don't love it, but thought it might be a viable option.

Anyone have experience with them? I said G3 cause that's their current, but wouldn't be opposed to their older one if I find one used so input on both is appreciated.
I'm on the skinny end and don't usually wear especially tight pants if that matters with this one.

Thanks!

I see his points but I think I can live with them.
The trigger guard is poorly covered, yes. However, it is fully covered.
Being a one holster for any gun usually means it holds any gun but doesn't hold any well. I definitely prefer fitted holsters. In this case I think the pressure of your pants holding it against your person make it passable here. Not my favorite, but acceptable.
The G3 has a trigger clip as well so would do better at retention.
Last concern he had I was worried about was the drawing from sitting.
Absolutely a gun won't curve, but I think by sucking your gut in and leaning back a bit it would still work, maybe depending on your size, gun size, and how tight your belt is.

Based on that, I think I'd scratch the option to go with an older urban carry and will only consider the G3.
From what I seen of them, I wouldn't...

Had a Gen 2. Gave it away. See this previous thread...

Thanks for sharing.
I think the clip inside does address my concern about not holding most guns securely since it's not form fitted to a single model.
Actually, your video pretty much addressed most of my concerns.

Not positive I'll get one but I'm sure thinking about it.
Not for an every day replacement, but as a deeper option...
I made a video on it comparing vs traditional AIWB.

Just saw it. From what you said there, the G3 wouldn't make a big difference for you, but I think it would address my concerns with the G2.
I am just about as skinny as rail and would probably be wearing roomy enough pants with this so it seems viable for me and my specific plans (deep option only).
Had a Gen 2. Gave it away. See this previous thread...

Thanks for sharing.
I think the clip inside does address my concern about not holding most guns securely since it's not form fitted to a single model.
Actually, your video pretty much addressed most of my concerns.

Not positive I'll get one but I'm sure thinking about it.
Not for an every day replacement, but as a deeper option...
Firstly great video. Regardless of personal opinions about specific products it's good to train with and share your experiences with every piece of equipment you can.

It illustrates for me that this is a viable holster for situations where a 4-5 second draw isn't an issue, and for some that may be adequate.

When I do draw to fire training for myself, three shots then back in the holster my target for draw to three shots center of mass is 5 seconds, then I carefully re-holster.

While I usually, but not always achieve this, I do certainly feel like in a self defense situation assuming I am able to correctly identify a life threatening self defense situation that isn't home invasion this should be the target for my own peace of mind and specific types of encounters (sharp objects not other firearms being my most likely encounter).

Most situations where firearms are discharged in self defense the engagement is sub 10 seconds before the conclusion regardless of who survives. The average center of mass shots to incapacitate regardless of caliber (I know, while different topic about one shot stopping and psych vs physical stopping, etc) is between two and three rounds.

When you are planning for why you are carrying you need to make sure your carry garments and retention method meet the objective defensive situations and you've trained for them.

For me this wouldn't be adequate but I can think of many I know where if they liked the offering for a fee carry this might fit for them.

Personally I would avoid it. I also am in and out of vehicles all day. Bending over, loading trucks, a lot of movement at the waist. The best thing I have found is a quality kydex holster at the 11-12 o'clock appendix. My wallet feels your pain in trying to find something that is practical and works for my body and activity level. I'm just glad I get the green light to carry at work. Good luck with your search though!

Personally I would avoid it. I also am in and out of vehicles all day. Bending over, loading trucks, a lot of movement at the waist. The best thing I have found is a quality kydex holster at the 11-12 o'clock appendix. My wallet feels your pain in trying to find something that is practical and works for my body and activity level. I'm just glad I get the green light to carry at work. Good luck with your search though!
You're right. The kydex is superior, especially when seated.

You're right. The kydex is superior, especially when seated.
I could see for myself when introduced to an influx in stress my fine motor skills go out the window. Possibly causing me to drop the gun or get a poor purchase using the urbancarry (especially only using 1 hand). I'm dense. The less steps for me to get the gun from the holster and presented on target the better.

All valid points.
I definitely favor my current holster and location.
Just trying to find a better solution for certain scenarios since I think a slightly less favorable solution is better than skipping out entirely.

All valid points.

I think the G3 is a good option for those instances when you want to carry and comfort supersedes access.
Out of curiosity, when is comfort more important than access in an event that we as concealed carriers can not see coming? At that point wouldn't you rather be uncomfortable and have access to your firearm? Seconds matter. I'm simply playing devils advocate here.

Fair.
I like devil's advocate. :)

I don't know that I'd sacrifice access for comfort, but I'd sacrifice it for concealment in certain situations.
Maybe frequent visits to private property where it hasn't been banned but you want to make 100% sure concealment is maintained and doesn't cause a new policy.
Had a couple times when frequent bending or wind almost caused printing or brandishing.
Out of curiosity, when is comfort more important than access in an event that we as concealed carriers can not see coming? At that point wouldn't you rather be uncomfortable and have access to your firearm? Seconds matter. I'm simply playing devils advocate here.

The big take away with this holster is training. I can do 1 handed draws fairly easily and that's cause I've practiced a lot. I've also destroyed one from drawing with it so many times and UC sent me out a new one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top