JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Out of curiosity, when is comfort more important than access in an event that we as concealed carriers can not see coming? At that point wouldn't you rather be uncomfortable and have access to your firearm? Seconds matter. I'm simply playing devils advocate here.
This scenario is essentially at a job where you want to conceal but it would be frowned upon if spotted so deep concealment is preferred to not carrying, personally I can't think of another reason.

Love my Serpa holsters, makes carrying both TP9SFX's concealed and comfortably.
Everyone likes what they like. When I open carry I use a serpa mostly because it's a physical retention which is my requirement for open carry. Despite so many people claiming ND using them I've never been even close to the trigger in draws when testing at decent speed. I guess hand size, hand shape, gun size and gun shape really impact people's retention choices.

Considering how infrequent I use them I'm not too concerned about the mechanism breaking and locking up my gun.

I also use some really simple alien gear shapeshifter stuff for 6 o'clock and for shoulder carry as needed.

They all work well for me, but the serpa definitely tests at least a second faster than my other configurations.

Out of curiosity, when is comfort more important than access in an event that we as concealed carriers can not see coming? At that point wouldn't you rather be uncomfortable and have access to your firearm? Seconds matter. I'm simply playing devils advocate here.

I see it a lot. People choosing their EDC or their holster with 99% of their choice being comfort. And along with those choices comes tiny mouse guns, lousy gimmicky holsters and so forth. Sure, it might be so comfortable that you forget its there but how is the draw? Or how does the tiny little gimmick micro nine shoot? Does the weekend warrior with their pocket full of strap even practice enough to be proficient? There's so much more into EDC than holster gimmicks or tiny forgettable guns. The reason to carry gets lost in the weeds with comfort and worries of printing for some I fear.

Serpa's are unsafe junk. You should really look into other options. There's a reason no respectable LE agency will allow them.
Can you tell me why they are unsafe? Is it because some guy trying to shoot quickly put his finger on the trigger while drawing and shot himself?

I challenge ANYONE to buy a good quality EDC firearm, and not a mouse gun. G43X/P365XL size as a MINIMUM. Get a quality well made holster designed for the actual firearm and carry it for 2 weeks. Yes, it will probably be uncomfortable for a few days or so. The human body isn't used to carrying a piece of steel in a plastic sleeve rubbing up on it. But it will get better every day. And soon you will forget you have it on you. No gimmicks or micro guns needed. A quality piece in a quality holster will serve anyone well if they have a little patience and are willing to practice. :)

Can you tell me why they are unsafe? Is it because some guy trying to shoot quickly put his finger on the trigger while drawing and shot himself?

Not just some guy. Many guyS. There are mutliple recorded instances of ND's and/or at least AMOST ND's because of their trigger "safety/lock"/

Lots of reading there. And lots more to be found.

Any holster that unconsciously places your trigger finger in the area of the trigger upon removal is junk. Accidental discharges are born from Serpa holsters.

I'd call most "accidental discharge" a negligent discharge and will chalk them up to someone being dumb.
My beef with serpa is quality and strength.
Broke one playing with it - can't imagine it would stay on my belt if someone is trying to yank it off me.

Granted, if concealed they wouldn't know to grab it but my quality concerns still apply.

Yes, it being junk to start with should be good enough to avoid it. The safety concerns are just the cherry on top. :D

Not just some guy. Many guyS. There are mutliple recorded instances of ND's and/or at least AMOST ND's because of their trigger "safety/lock"/

Lots of reading there. And lots more to be found.
Here is an article.

Do you train properly in the use of the holster so your not grabbing the trigger when you draw?

There are plenty of other holster that if you practice putting your finger on the trigger while drawing, your going to have a ND.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top