JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
have not purchased a license or tag in 28 years, the wife...Never.
we both have purchased firearms in oregon, the wifes was 29 years ago.
we both got the letter.
how you figure we got on that mailing list? makes ya wonder. just sayin'......

I got the letter even though I picked up my license at BiMart. They didnt get any SSN's so I dont see much of a problem

Here is what I received:
"After thourogh invesitigation it has been determined that your name, address, date of birth and drivers license number with physical description information may have been subject to unauthorized access."
Only in accounts that were created prior to 2006 in Wa & 2007 for Oregon and Idaho.

I can think that if all this other info was taken why not the SSN's?
Maybe they ain't tellin us the whole story.....

I got the letter even though I picked up my license at BiMart. They didnt get any SSN's so I dont see much of a problem

I received two letters. The first letter said the hackers DID get Social Security numbers. And although I did not do my Fish and Wildlife business on-line, any and/or all retailers that provide Fish and Wildlife licenses do it on-line, so that purty much includes all of us.

WAYNO.

I received two letters. The first letter said the hackers DID get Social Security numbers. And although I did not do my Fish and Wildlife business on-line, any and/or all retailers that provide Fish and Wildlife licenses do it on-line, so that purty much includes all of us.

WAYNO.

I just reread both copies & did not find that SSN's were stolen...o_O

have not purchased a license or tag in 28 years, the wife...Never.
we both have purchased firearms in oregon, the wifes was 29 years ago.
we both got the letter.
how you figure we got on that mailing list? makes ya wonder. just sayin'......

That is really weird. It does make one wonder.

Come to think of it, I received a letter, by the Mrs did not. I have had recent hunting licenses and she has a recent fishing license. Both recent enough that we are at the same address.

I just reread both copies & did not find that SSN's were stolen...o_O
I've re-read mine over and over, and every time it still says our Social Security Numbers were included in the stolen information. Furthermore, for those folks that choose to believe this does not affect them, I hope you're correct. I'm less trusting. And this does involve all-three Northwest states.

WAYNO.

P1030385_zps1uvv1lj6.jpg P1030387_zpszp2ehlv9.jpg P1030383_zps7qg1dlq2.jpg

Last Edited:
What chaps my hide is tat they took over a month to notify us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAYNO, I double checked mine and it did not mention anything about SSN's. I'm still miffed revenue though. I do not trust any of these large corporations but what can you do.....
I hope for your sake that you are not hit with any fraud.

As I said, I received two different letters. The first one said Social Security numbers included, the 2nd one did not. And as far as "did we give them our SS number", when we got licenses at one time, or when we were first entered into their system, we must have. When I buy licenses each year, they find me in the data base by supplying them my previous license number, My Drivers license number, or my Social Security number. So they sure do know my Social Security number, somehow.

WAYNO.

Mine is identical to yours.

A SSN is required in Washington, which IMHO it should not be.

Out of curiosity, I looked it up for Oregon, and a SSN is required post-1996. I know my original hunting and fishing licenses pre-date that year, but I most certainly have renewed since then too.

And, agreed, it should not be required. This incident is one good reason why so.

Out of curiosity, I looked it up for Oregon, and a SSN is required post-1996. I know my original hunting and fishing licenses pre-date that year, but I most certainly have renewed since then too.

And, agreed, it should not be required. This incident is one good reason why so.

Absolutely!!! Maybe this would be an excellent example as to why they (TPTB) penalize law abiding fishers & hunters for the acts of unscrupulous deadbeat dads....:mad:

Mine is identical to yours.

A SSN is required in Washington, which IMHO it should not be.

Yup, I had to supply drivers license and SSN for my permits.

HMMMMMM, I don't think I will go hunting this year.....save the money and get another freedom tool.

Brutus Out

A one year boycott would cripple the fish and wildlife budget since we provide 50% of their annual revenue.

Might get us some better treatment in the future - can't imagine enough people would take a year off to have enough effect but I've been saying that ever since warehouser started charging $150 entrance fees to hunt on their leased land...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top