JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm old school.
I use whatever is at hand to eliminate the threat, as quickly as possible.
In other words, I fight dirty :s0087:
My 17yr old son is a 3rd Dan Blackbelt in Tae Kwon Do.
He's still afraid of me :s0155:

I used to do ju-jutsu. Very old style japanese battlefield type, not the modern Brazilian. I know it works well because I had a job where I arrested lots of people. The effectiveness of the joint locks never ceased to surprise me.

The real mark of the success of those techniques is that in nearly 25 years, I was never seriously injured, and was never even accused of using excessive force. Lots of people can beat excessive force accusations, but I was never even accused of using excessive force. I'm actually more proud of that than of never loosing on an arrest.

Major plus for BJJ (Brazilian Jui-Jitsu) Incorporate that with a little Judo and some Muay Thai and wah la! Try the gym out in West Linn for BJJ and Team Quest in Gresham for a mixture of other things. I personally do those three I first listed. +1

I eat Chinese take out...does that count for anything???LOL, really, I studied Karate, Kung Fu and Tae Kwon Do when I was young. since I have gotten older its been the ASDS and Military H2H. I am thinking about Krav Maga next. I only heard about it a couple of months ago, but it sounds brutal...

born and raised in Seattle, the martial arts opportunities were plentiful. natch,
Jeet Kune Do was my selection. in my younger life, I immersed myself in this
endlessly.

After 30 years of training, I still practise every day. The young buck I train with is way faster and doesnt hurt easy. In 1984 my instructor knocked me to the floor barely touching me (Qi gong). I asked if this chi stuf worked on untrained people? He said the basic moves do, Punch,Kick,Blocks etc. But not the energy. I asked him about BFD'S (Big feroucious dudes) He lifted his shirt and had a browning high power. So I train to help me stay in shape/sharp.
That way I can drink more beer!
Be well.
Shawnzai!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR