JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm old school.
I use whatever is at hand to eliminate the threat, as quickly as possible.
In other words, I fight dirty :s0087:
My 17yr old son is a 3rd Dan Blackbelt in Tae Kwon Do.
He's still afraid of me :s0155:

I used to do ju-jutsu. Very old style japanese battlefield type, not the modern Brazilian. I know it works well because I had a job where I arrested lots of people. The effectiveness of the joint locks never ceased to surprise me.

The real mark of the success of those techniques is that in nearly 25 years, I was never seriously injured, and was never even accused of using excessive force. Lots of people can beat excessive force accusations, but I was never even accused of using excessive force. I'm actually more proud of that than of never loosing on an arrest.

Major plus for BJJ (Brazilian Jui-Jitsu) Incorporate that with a little Judo and some Muay Thai and wah la! Try the gym out in West Linn for BJJ and Team Quest in Gresham for a mixture of other things. I personally do those three I first listed. +1

I eat Chinese take out...does that count for anything???LOL, really, I studied Karate, Kung Fu and Tae Kwon Do when I was young. since I have gotten older its been the ASDS and Military H2H. I am thinking about Krav Maga next. I only heard about it a couple of months ago, but it sounds brutal...

born and raised in Seattle, the martial arts opportunities were plentiful. natch,
Jeet Kune Do was my selection. in my younger life, I immersed myself in this
endlessly.

After 30 years of training, I still practise every day. The young buck I train with is way faster and doesnt hurt easy. In 1984 my instructor knocked me to the floor barely touching me (Qi gong). I asked if this chi stuf worked on untrained people? He said the basic moves do, Punch,Kick,Blocks etc. But not the energy. I asked him about BFD'S (Big feroucious dudes) He lifted his shirt and had a browning high power. So I train to help me stay in shape/sharp.
That way I can drink more beer!
Be well.
Shawnzai!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads