JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had more problems with the winchester and federal bulk packs than the remington. Thats not to say its top notch stuff but it depends on the gun.

My Taurus M62 will shoot anything, my 10-22 the remingtons or better, my SIG mosquito only CCI stingers.

I bought a lot of the Remington Golden .22lr when that's all that Bi-Mart had for quite a while. I never had one fail in my Remington Nylon 66. I've only ever had a couple of duds in that gun and that was some time ago. YMMV.

I bought a lot of the Remington Golden .22lr when that's all that Bi-Mart had for quite a while. I never had one fail in my Remington Nylon 66. I've only ever had a couple of duds in that gun and that was some time ago. YMMV.

That rifle is kind of like my Ruger 10/22. It's hard to find anything that it won't shoot. Even the box of .22LR's that were left in an old pickup I bought. Been there so long that the printing on the box had rubbed off.

I bought some of the Peters (Remington) brown box ammo last winter and had the same issues with it. Dirty and alot of misfires. I did purchase some Remington subsonic ammo a few months ago and it worked flawlessly in my original Ballard 22. I have been hearing alot of complaints on the Remington 22 ammunition. I have been avoiding it but for the above mentioned purchases. I use Federal for my bulk purchases, Wolf Match Target, and Winchester Wildcat ammunition.

The best stuff out there is the Eley .22 ammo, I have had 1 misfire in about 4000+ rounds, They use a different primer chemical cocktail I believe, It smells different than all other .22 ammo unless it is Eley primed.

For sub-sonic .22 I use CCI Standard Velocity, clean, consistent, reliable, and $25 for 500 from Dick's (or $2.50 per box of 50 which is cheaper than Remington Subs (which is DIRTY and inconsistent) from BiMart). For pistols I only use CCI Mini Mags or the SV when shooting suppressed, I just don't trust any of the other "hardware store" ammo.

I bought a brick of the Golden Bullets about 5 years ago, when a friend loaned me his Browning Buckmark to try out. I still have around 200 rounds of that junk and still haven't found anything (Sig Mosquito, Beretta 21, 10/22, Buckmark (X2), Tac Sol AR 22, Ruger Charger, GSG 1911) that it works well in. As well as "misfires" I've had plenty of feeding and ejection problems with the Golden Bullets.

For sub-sonic .22 I use CCI Standard Velocity, clean, consistent, reliable, and $25 for 500 from Dick's (or $2.50 per box of 50 which is cheaper than Remington Subs (which is DIRTY and inconsistent) from BiMart). For pistols I only use CCI Mini Mags or the SV when shooting suppressed, I just don't trust any of the other "hardware store" ammo.

I bought a brick of the Golden Bullets about 5 years ago, when a friend loaned me his Browning Buckmark to try out. I still have around 200 rounds of that junk and still haven't found anything (Sig Mosquito, Beretta 21, 10/22, Buckmark (X2), Tac Sol AR 22, Ruger Charger, GSG 1911) that it works well in. As well as "misfires" I've had plenty of feeding and ejection problems with the Golden Bullets.

Have you tried one of those old single shot bolt action 22's like used to be kept behind the kitchen door on old farms?

We had one that would shoot ANYTHING. I don't remember it ever being cleaned or oiled either, it just kept on shooting Rats, Cats, Skunks, and occasionally "Dinner" if you didn't feel like chasing the rooster.

Anyone having severe misfire issues with the Remington Golden Bullet 22LR? I like to shoot inexpensive .22 ammo sometimes, and have had about 1 in 15 rounds misfire in a number of guns from several different boxes of Remington Golden Bullet (new production). This has been ongoing for quite a while. Since about the last ammo shortage. So far the Federal Champion Bulk packs seem to be working ok,

I prefer subsonic, or standard velocity for suppressor use.

What do you guys use?

Had lots of trouble with SV Rem. CCI SV is the way to go, and the most accurate in my Smith Pistol by a long ways.

Same with my ruger and buckmark, they eat anything!!! The only problems Ive had are with peters, bullet spins in the casing, its not a tight fit and ive found bent bullets that are causing jams. I havent tried golden bullets lately, but im a big fan of cci blazzers.

I haven't had trouble with anything, other than that some seem to be dirtier than others. My Remington Nylon 66 and my 1976 "made in the 200th year of American liberty) Ruger will eat anything. When ammo was really short, I had to buy whatever but never had a problem.

Have you tried one of those old single shot bolt action 22's like used to be kept behind the kitchen door on old farms?

We had one that would shoot ANYTHING. I don't remember it ever being cleaned or oiled either, it just kept on shooting Rats, Cats, Skunks, and occasionally "Dinner" if you didn't feel like chasing the rooster.

Actually, I have a Savage Mark II, that I'm reasonably sure would shoot them, but never used the GB's since I only shoot that suppressed and the GB's would be super sonic. I guess I'll hold on to the GB's for SHTF scenarios.

A package just arrived from Remington, for every partial box of ammo that I sent them, they sent me a full brick of the new .22 golden bullet. This is in a new style box. the letter said "A primer assembly issue caused the primer mix to be insensitive when inserted into the rim of the shell" "Our quality department is aware of the misfire problems" I have a funny feeling that they changed box designs with the new production of the ammo. My guess is that this was a huge issue for a long run of ammo. I will be shooting the new ammo and will report on my findings. So far, crappy ammo, great service, and the most important thing is that they are admitting their error.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top