JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gustav Genschow & Company - Geco - is good stuff. I usually shoot the .22cal standard velocity - it works in all seven of my .22cal rifles, although only one is a semi-auto.

GECO was founded on 25 August 1887 by lawyer Gustav Genschow as Gustav Genschow & Co.; the company was initially a weapons and ammunition wholesaler. The company quickly expanded, acquiring several companies along the way and opening offices in Cologne, Berlin, Königsberg, Suhl, Nuremberg and Frankfurt; the company also held offices in other countries such as Austria, Argentina, Chile and Brazil.

GECO acquired Deutsche Werke AG in 1924 and began manufacture of small arms. The company also produced ammunition and other reloading materials in factories controlled by Dynamit AG which were in turn controlled by Alfred Nobel. The company began to suffer during World War II, losing its South American factories and the company's records destroyed through bombing runs; by 1946, GECO was owned by Dynamit Nobel. The company then underwent a series of acquisitions before it was reorganized as an ammunition company under Dynamit Nobel in 1963. Dynamit Nobel would then be acquired by RUAG Ammotec, with GECO being under RUAG's umbrella since.

At no time were any of the home cities located in Switzerland, although Königsberg - formerly in Ost-Preussen, now called Kaliningrad - is now in Belarus.

Last Edited:
Gustav Genschow & Company - Geco - is good stuff. I usually shoot the .22cal standard velocity - it works in all seven of my .22cal rifles, although only one is a semi-auto.

GECO was founded on 25 August 1887 by lawyer Gustav Genschow as Gustav Genschow & Co.; the company was initially a weapons and ammunition wholesaler. The company quickly expanded, acquiring several companies along the way and opening offices in Cologne, Berlin, Königsberg, Suhl, Nuremberg and Frankfurt; the company also held offices in other countries such as Austria, Argentina, Chile and Brazil.

GECO acquired Deutsche Werke AG in 1924 and began manufacture of small arms. The company also produced ammunition and other reloading materials in factories controlled by Dynamit AG which were in turn controlled by Alfred Nobel. The company began to suffer during World War II, losing its South American factories and the company's records destroyed through bombing runs; by 1946, GECO was owned by Dynamit Nobel. The company then underwent a series of acquisitions before it was reorganized as an ammunition company under Dynamit Nobel in 1963. Dynamit Nobel would then be acquired by RUAG Ammotec, with GECO being under RUAG's umbrella since.

At no time were any of the home cities located in Switzerland, although Königsberg - formerly in Ost-Preussen, now called Kaliningrad - is now in Belarus.
We shall now call you, "The Encyclopedia…. Brittanica". :D;)

anybody have experience with this brand?

Just heard about it from my brother

I read it's German/Swiss manufacture
Good ammo. I took a case of GECO 45 ACP to Front Sight where a friend and I were using 1911s We shot about 700 rounds of it without a glitch
Its very reliable and decently acurate.

'15 minutes can save a life with Geco ammo.'

Geico Gecko.jpg

I've purchased SV 22lr, 9mm, and .45 ACP Geco from TargetSports USA I believe. Don't recall if I have purchased this brand from another vendor.

Price was reasonable back then. That was several years ago. Not sure what it's selling for now. I haven't really bought ammo since then. Bought a couple cases of the Geco 22, a case of 9mm and 45, and I pretty much reload all the CF rounds I shoot anymore.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top