JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I am considering a Solo Bonfire Fire Pit for my back yard.

I'm looking for any comments or recommendations from people.

Do you like it?
With the stand can it be used on a wood deck?
I know the exterior gets hot but how much of an issue is that?
Is it worth the money?

Lazyfaire
Gone to Texas

I just bought mine from GovX but haven't used it yet. I bought the ranger model for camping.

My buddy got the bigger bon fire solo from work as an anniversary gift. He likes it, I'll ask him what he thinks about using on a deck.

I like the idea of using the Solo for camping. Seems easier/safer/cleaner than the typical campground fire pit. Out of my price range, unfortunately.

I knew a guy that made something similar from the drum of a discarded clothes dryer. Not nearly as nice looking as the store-bought ones, and probably way to big(?) to be considered portable, but probably perfect for a backyard/patio. Anyone for DIY?

I have the solo campfire (much smaller than bonfire) and matching pot/pan set. I love it. We used it for cooking and after cooking loaded it up with larger pieces of wood for heat/campfire. I'm getting the alcohol insert and tripod as well.

BB23D200-D8FB-4977-9988-B97E2F5086D5.jpeg

I have the solo campfire (much smaller than bonfire) and matching pot/pan set. I love it. We used it for cooking and after cooking loaded it up with larger pieces of wood for heat/campfire. I'm getting the alcohol insert and tripod as well.

View attachment 1074691
Does the outside get really hot? Do you have the stand for it to get it off the ground?

It does get hot but I just move it with a towel. I don't have a stand. I used a chunk of wood to set it on but I have started the fire while on a plastic table then moved it once the flame starts going good. I don't think the bottom gets as hot as the sides.

They are great for burning wood efficiently. Definitely a lot less smoke. They suck for radiant heat. You can't enjoy the warmth all that well like a traditional fire pit make of stone and such. You can't really put anything around it either to heat as it needs to be open to the air to work well.

Does the outside get really hot? Do you have the stand for it to get it off the ground?
My buddy said that he has the stand and he doesn't think it gets too hot but to also check the website.

A quick google search showed that it is safe as long as you use the stand or heat resistant barrier underneath.

Screenshot_20211122-133653_Google.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top