JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have the Revolution 45, which is the modular version of the Resistance.

I also have a Sportsman .30 cal which I use on all my rifles. I'm a fan of their taper mount muzzle devices and have a metric buttload of them for various guns.

Griffin makes good stuff and seems to fly under the radar a bit. I'm looking to add a Q Fixx 8.6 Blackout soon and am considering a Bushwacker 36 or 46 as my next suppressor for it.

I have the Revolution 45, which is the modular version of the Resistance.

I also have a Sportsman .30 cal which I use on all my rifles. I'm a fan of their taper mount muzzle devices and have a metric buttload of them for various guns.

Griffin makes good stuff and seems to fly under the radar a bit. I'm looking to add a Q Fixx 8.6 Blackout soon and am considering a Bushwacker 36 or 46 as my next suppressor for it.

Very nice! Ya I never really paid them much attention until they released the Dual-lok and now I'm looking at a Dual-lok 7 and Resistance 45.

My biggest thing is I'd like to see if it gets 45acp under the 140db limit when shot dry, but I can't find a single db rating for it.

Make sure you give the Rugged Obsidian 45 a close look also. I would also get on SilencerShop and Capital Armory's email lists as they have both been running killer specials on can's. Everything from free tax stamps to $100/$200 gift cards and some buy one get one free deals. I expect there will be some killer black friday/cyber monday deals this year. The upside to Capital Armory is that they can now ship your can directly to you once your Form 4 is approved.

I have the Micro and Resistance and they are two of my favorite cans. I also like the taper mounts, these two have the taper mounts and my others have the Plan B and Cherry bomb, (taper for .22 cans and Q for >.30cal cans) But, I have considered switching to all taper mounts and just being careful.
The other one to look at is the Hybrid 46, its heavy but can't go wrong with it.

I have the Micro and Resistance and they are two of my favorite cans. I also like the taper mounts, these two have the taper mounts and my others have the Plan B and Cherry bomb, (taper for .22 cans and Q for >.30cal cans) But, I have considered switching to all taper mounts and just being careful.
The other one to look at is the Hybrid 46, its heavy but can't go wrong with it.
Thanks. The "universal" cans are way to heavy for me. I have a SilencerCo Octane 9 which is most likely going to live on my Marlin 1894 357 magnum now and since I got a USP 45 Tactical I need a 45 can.

I'm not sure Griffin really brings much to the table. Before buying any suppressor, I would highly recommend looking at pewscience.com and listening to his podcasts.

No experience with the Resistance, but we have one of the Bushwacker 46 silencers.

Pros: It works. Very easy to clean and service. Company has been, generally, good to work with on parts, info, etc.
Cons: It is easily the chunkiest silencer we own. For this particular application, no big whoop, but it might be for other folks/firearms.

Best of wishes with your search. :)

I'm not sure Griffin really brings much to the table. Before buying any suppressor, I would highly recommend looking at pewscience.com and listening to his podcasts.
His rankings have extremely slim variety like he got his hands on the entire lineup for 3-4 brands but has a ton of other popular names missing. I don't take much stock in things like that since there's nothing to compare his numbers to.

No experience with the Resistance, but we have one of the Bushwacker 46 silencers.

Pros: It works. Very easy to clean and service. Company has been, generally, good to work with on parts, info, etc.
Cons: It is easily the chunkiest silencer we own. For this particular application, no big whoop, but it might be for other folks/firearms.

Best of wishes with your search. :)
Thanks for the info. I'm not interested in a "universal" type suppressor like that for that very reason. I like a dedicated pistol silencer that's lightweight. I have a Griffin Dual Lok 7 processing and was just considering their pistol can vs others like Rugged or SiCo.

His rankings have extremely slim variety like he got his hands on the entire lineup for 3-4 brands but has a ton of other popular names missing. I don't take much stock in things like that since there's nothing to compare his numbers to.
You do you, boo. He's already stated he won't test Griffin unless someone wants to fund it for him, as they are just knocking off other designs.

You do you, boo. He's already stated he won't test Griffin unless someone wants to fund it for him, as they are just knocking off other designs.
Pew Science just lost any credibility he had left. Basically your saying he's biased. I don't know if what you say about copying designs is true but for one a muffler is a muffler. They all look extremely similar to me. For 2 if they copy good designs then who cares? As for Pew science if he won't test certain brands he doesn't like them he won't ever get data on them and therefore his list still means nothing to me. If I can only compare data on AAC Tirant and CGS then it doesn't tell me jack squat about SiCo, dead air, Griffin, ect. So no thanks.

Thanks for the info. I'm not interested in a "universal" type suppressor like that for that very reason. I like a dedicated pistol silencer that's lightweight. I have a Griffin Dual Lok 7 processing and was just considering their pistol can vs others like Rugged or SiCo.
If you are going with a dedicated pistol can and looking for good balance, great suppression, light and 45 cal you should take a look at the CGS Nautilus. CGS has done an excellent job with their pistol cans. I own a Rugged Obsidian, CGS Nautilus and CGS Mod9 and all were chosen after shooting them, TiRant, Dead Air Ghost and Odessa 9, Rex's 9mm pistol can and a few others I have forgotten. If I could only have one pistol can though it would be the Rugged Obsidian. The two CGS cans though are a very close second and both balance better than any other pistol can I have run that is a full length can.

If you are going with a dedicated pistol can and looking for good balance, great suppression, light and 45 cal you should take a look at the CGS Nautilus. CGS has done an excellent job with their pistol cans. I own a Rugged Obsidian, CGS Nautilus and CGS Mod9 and all were chosen after shooting them, TiRant, Dead Air Ghost and Odessa 9, Rex's 9mm pistol can and a few others I have forgotten. If I could only have one pistol can though it would be the Rugged Obsidian. The two CGS cans though are a very close second and both balance better than any other pistol can I have run that is a full length can.
What is the difference between the two CGS cans? Nevermind, duh the Mod9 isn't 45.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews