JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What does the federal red flag law stipulate as to who can report someone? A relative? A neighbor? A friend?

Is there a FEDERAL RED FLAG LAW yet?

Hummm......currently. I'd suspect/say that.....
The FACTS/TRUTH/ANSWER of/to that question......probably lies with which particular State one happens to be in.

Then consider.......
There is a certain group of people.........
That would like nothing better than to put ALL Gun Laws under the Federal Umbrella.

Is that a Good or Bad thing?

Aloha, Mark

PS........is it/was it a GOOD or BAD THING that Clinton sort of put ALL DV Orders under the Federal Umbrella in 1994?

Yup.....it certainly did expand the Fed Govt and State government's rosters.

Last Edited:
Don't forget to always have 2 safes. One that is visible and contains crap gun(s) which may get found someday whether from red flag or whatever. That one could be anything such as a simple file cabinet "safe" or whatever and is in plain sight. Then the second one that is hidden that contains all the good guns.

The red flag law could be abused badly imo cuz police probably have to respond to it even if the report is 100% false (I'm guessing here).

Biggest concern for people at large imo is ex wives, someone at work who holds a grudge, a neighbor who gets mad, or some other wacko that uses it as a way to "get revenge" or whatever. Also some rabid anti-gunner potentially that sees it as his/her duty to rid the world of "evil" guns. The 2 "safe" system offers some protection against that.

Last Edited:
There is an entire criminal element that has never been Red Flagged. How has that happened? If they can RF a citizen, why not be able to RF a drug house or sex shop?

RE: Post #8

I suspect that.......
RED FLAGS require that someone (a real person) complains and is listed on the documents.

Sure. It's been pointed out that the complainant's address can in some cases be "blanked out." But some stuff......has a way of getting out there. Now or later.

As for the Police asking for a RED FLAG?
I'd suspect that most requests are actually initiated by a "Citizen's Complaint."

Hummmmm.......
Then Imagine........
How many people are actually named : "Anonymous Complainant"?

So then, maybe/perhaps.........
Some people........
Are a little more practical.
Meaning that they don't/maybe want to be involved all that much and/or they see little to no use in/reason to expose themselves and/or probably their family to possible retaliation from "the criminal element".

Aloha, Mark

I suspect that.......
RED FLAGS require that someone (a real person) complains and is listed on the documents.

Sure. It's been pointed out that the complainant's address can in some cases be "blanked out." But some stuff......has a way of getting out there. Now or later.

I'd suspect that most requests are actually initiated by a "Citizen's Complaint."

Hummmmm.......
Then Imagine........

Some people........
Meaning that they don't/maybe want to be involved all that much and/or they see little to no use in/reason to expose themselves and/or probably their family to possible retaliation from "the criminal element".

Aloha, Mark
It's my understanding that Wa State will honor Red Flags from all other states. So, in Ca ANYONE can initiate a red flag order against anyone and that order would be acknowledged here in Wa. Can anyone confirm this?

I heard a guest on a radio station the other day speaking about stiffer penalties for those who may abuse the new law, if it was passed. From the sounds of what they were pushing for and what actually gets through are two different pictures. But, there seems to be a push for more mental help, which if done correctly will have a positive outcome years down the road. Now, I just need to keep off of any anti's radar as to not get a false red flag on me or someone close.

Red flag laws are more dangerous to your rights than anything.
You're at the range shooting targets, one is a picture of an xpresident, someone reports you. Or an xwife is a week late on her alimony payment and says you got money for ammo. Slippery slope.
Remember if you don't reload they own you. Never post pictures of your weapons.

I suspect that.......

Hummmmm.......
Then Imagine........

Some people........

Aloha, Mark
My understanding of police red flags is that they ask for them after a domestic abuse call , be it from the husband or wife or whatever. They show up and billy joe jim bob is threatening his wife or mabel sue is going ape sh!t on billy and the cops are called sometimes by neighbors who are sick of it. In any case mabels still got blood under her fingernails from billys back and she has 3 black eyes. Or its a suicide call where little billy just ate a bottle of tylenol. They used to just take the guns and let billy and Sue come down to the court house to pick them up in a few days.

And so goes the weekend in Texas. Some of y'all never been in a trailer park.

Red flag laws are more dangerous to your rights than anything.
You're at the range shooting targets, one is a picture of an xpresident, someone reports you. Or an xwife is a week late on her alimony payment and says you got money for ammo. Slippery slope.
Remember if you don't reload they own you. Never post pictures of your weapons.
In Hawaii (for the police tasked with the collecting)....it's SOP to stop at the Gun Registration Desk to get the latest list. Of course, in some cases, there might be some guns unaccounted for or etc....etc......

Does everyone see.....the method to the madness of gun registration?

BUT, But, but......"registering" doesn't lead to confiscation.

Nha......it's all about SAFETY.

Aloha, Mark

Looks like they are going to push for the "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" gets to take away your Rights law again.
Well the importance of language, high power, weapons of war, assault rifle, ect, need to be in place and certified by the public.

See, I don't have an unsubstantiated fear of something. Those things are dangerous. Excuse me while a get my clothes from my dryer in the garage. Right next to my car with a full tank of gas and the water heater.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top