Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anyone ever use Freedom Mutitions?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Mister Tribby, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Mister Tribby

Mister Tribby PNW New Member

I am looking at trying them mainly for range/ practice ammo, not for daily carry. Anyone ever buy or try this ammunition?

2. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Have shot thousands of rounds of their 9mm and .38. Never a problem with new or reman.

Pops1911, 206thsense and Flopsweat like this.
  3. spookshack

spookshack Forest Grove, OR Life Member Lifetime Supporter 2016 Volunteer

I'm about 3/4 through my 2nd case of their new 9mm and have had no issues so far (115gr and 124gr).

4. albin25

albin25 Lewiston Idaho Well-Known Member

I buy it whenever they have a good sale...I just phone it in for me to pick it up there, so never any shipping cost (they're maybe a mile from my house).
    New or reman are all good...just speaking for the pistol calibers, haven't tried any rifle calibers.

spookshack and mjbskwim like this.
  5. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Both their 9mm 124g hp and 147g rn seemed to be very accurate. New or reman didn't seem to matter.

Pops1911 likes this.
  6. ernurse

ernurse molalla oregon Active Member

Ive shot hundreds of the 147gr .308 reman, haven't had one problem, lots of different case manufacturers but I measured with my calipers, very consistent and good accuracy, also shot a lot of their .45 acp never a problem.:)

Brutus57 and mjbskwim like this.
  7. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Oregon Well-Known Member

I've shot thousands of rounds, mostly 9mm, without any problems. They are having a free shipping special right now.

8. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Never heard of them, but glad you asked. <$250 for 1k 200gr .45 delivered is getting into the plink-able range. :eek:

9. coupeowner

coupeowner SW Portland Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have also had good luck with both new and remanufactured 9mm and 45ACP. I used to send them used brass with their trade-in program too. But that was when they were paying over $2/lb. At the current $1.45/lb they are paying I doubt it is worth it.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  10. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

During the run on ammo in 2012 they would put up ~100,000-150,000 rounds of ammo up for sale at about 8am every morning and it would sell out in about 7 minutes. They did this every day for months. The prices were higher but not gouge level. It was a bit of a game getting an order in and I did get plenty to share around the office during that time

That being said I still have a ton left over and its not given me any trouble. Most is reloaded so I would just use it for target practice.

Mister Tribby likes this.
  11. 808hondacrguy

808hondacrguy Eugene,OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I also have shot thousands of rounds of 9, 223, and 556. never had an issue. I don't even bother with their new anymore, as you cant tell the difference between new and reman from them. They have free shipping this weekend for 4th of july.

12. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

For range work I consider it a mute point.

13. Doc In UPlace

Silent point? :confused:

F2CMaDMaXX and Flopsweat like this.
  14. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

I've shot a lot of their 9mm and some 300BLK. All top notch. Reliable, seems to be as accurate as any standard new ammo, not Smokey or dirty. Good stuff. I bought an AR upper from them too. It runs fine.

15. Doc In UPlace

This is way good, looking forward to shopping with them while we still can in WA, ha, ha, (Gally-Fornia, lookin' at you!)o_O

16. Mister Tribby

Mister Tribby PNW New Member

Thanks all for the sounds of it I know what I am buying very soon!!

17. 206thsense

206thsense Seattle, WA, USA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I've shot a lot of their 9mm (new and reman) and some of their 223/556. Great practice ammo.

Join their mailing list; they do send out deals and coupons pretty regularly. You can also buy mags and some other stuff from them.

18. yskippy

yskippy Tigard Life Member Lifetime Supporter

I will echo what everyone else has said. I have shot thousands of rounds of their 9mm, 45ACP, .223, 5.56 & .308. I have shot their top end stuff, remanufactued ammo and their "blazer" ammo and all of it has run flawlessly. I always look for their 5% off or free shipping deals, but even their regular prices are pretty damn good.

Also, keep you eyes open for their pallet quantity deals, if you have a few thousand dollars laying around, you can order 100,000; 200,000; or 250,00 rounds at a time. ;)

Flopsweat and Mister Tribby like this.
  19. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Oregon Well-Known Member

It's still worth it. I sent back brass at my last order and after shipping expenses the credit comes to about $62. Made my over all cost for 1000 rounds about $127. Not bad!

Brutus57 and Mister Tribby like this.
  20. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

I don't use their loaded ammo but I do use their bullets from their other company X-Treme Bullets. I have used the loaded ammo before that friends have bought and have not had any issues.