JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry to hear that, pets are family as far as I am concerned. I don't think I would ever have a pig, but to each their own. I will save the joke I was going to make for a better time. Stay strong. It was once said the time for a man to cry is when he loses a good dog. I am sure it goes for pigs as well.

The last time I cried was when I had to put my dog down in 2009. My pig will be equally heartbreaking.

it does go for pigs as well and I can't stop crying. Another member on here has helped me immensely. to know what she went through last two days is the hardest part.we did everything we could to save her life, but in the end it was the life-saving efforts that killed her. I think the hardest part of today's ordeal was watching them do CPR on her for 15 minutes... Thinking about this is too hard on me to tell you everything that happened. So maybe I'll continue another day

Forgive me if OT, but it just occurred to me that no devout Muslim would set foot on your property if he knew there was a pig in residence, running free. IIRC they won't build a house of worship on any land that has ever had a pig on it.

Breeding and handing out pet pigs in your neighborhood might be a proactive way to deter overly strict fundamentalist types from moving in. And it would give Charlie lots of buddies for play-dates.

Forgive me if OT, but it just occurred to me that no devout Muslim would set foot on your property if he knew there was a pig in residence, running free. IIRC they won't build a house of worship on any land that has ever had a pig on it.

Breeding and handing out pet pigs in your neighborhood might be a proactive way to deter overly strict fundamentalist types from moving in. And it would give Charlie lots of buddies for play-dates.
OR walk your pig through muslim "controlled" areas like in the UK.. Ill be damned if I cant walk my pig when and where I want!! ;)

Maybe someone should start a pig-walking service. Take them through those areas in a herd. How about a pig stampede?? Never see that in a John Wayne film.

I brought my piggy home today........we're so sad....... 20150221_124123.jpg

My wife got a Shis Tzu (a tiny little rat like creature) for her anniversary many years ago. I told her it was hers to care for as I only loved my hunting dogs and will not have anything to do with it.
14 years later we had to put him down, I don't think I have ever been such a blubbering cry baby since I was 8 when I had to bury my first dog. I had allowed myself to get totally wrapped up in that little bundle of joy.:(
His name was Fizzgig.

I do feel your pain Brother.

I propose a toast to lost family members. To Koral, Fizzgig, and my best buddy Perkins. Feel free to add other pets or loved ones to this post. I will have a shot for each of them.

We had a Vietnamese potbelly pig, it would root at your body, if it caught you napping and wanted to be scratched. It tickled like crazy, she was impossible to ignore when she wanted attention. They are very social creatures.

We had a Vietnamese potbelly pig, it would root at your body, if it caught you napping and wanted to be scratched. It tickled like crazy, she was impossible to ignore when she wanted attention. They are very social creatures.

Love to be rooted - their snouts are really tough! Mine roots at my leg when I'm getting his food. Telling me to hurry up.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top