Anyone build anything based on Professor Parabellum plans?

OP
Will_White

Will_White

Reactions
(Giggle)¡Claro que no! Googled it and ... nope. Dangerous, illegal, and dangerously illegal describe some of those. Neat from an intellectual standpoint, but not going to try any of those "builds".
Yeah they have some designs for machine guns and NFA firearms, and they use hardware store materials so barrels and locking lugs are questionable.

I'm planning on using 4130 or 4140 seamless tube and using a solid pin instead of the rotating locking lever.

OP
Will_White

Will_White

Reactions
You should check out deterrence dispensed, if you like home brew and have a 3d printer. The lowers, receivers, auto sears and disconnectors being 3d printed are really impressive. Before any fudds hit me with the "tHeY wOnt LaSt MoRe ThAn A fEw RoUnDs", Google and watch.
I don't have a 3d printer yet, but I've seen the 3d printed receivers. While capable they occupy the same space as a liberator pistol. I'm not going to touch auto sears with a ten foot pole.

awshoot

Reactions
I don't have a 3d printer yet, but I've seen the 3d printed receivers. While capable they occupy the same space as a liberator pistol. I'm not going to touch auto sears with a ten foot pole.
You don't have to anything illegal -- there's plenty inside the bounds of the law that is interesting:

OP
Will_White

Will_White

Reactions
You don't have to anything illegal -- there's plenty inside the bounds of the law that is interesting:

Yeah definitely interesting but I haven't seen any that are durable enough for anything other then novelty or as a stop gap to acquire a better weapon in a SHTF situation. What I'm planning to use one for firearms wise is rapid prototyping and lost wax casting in aluminum or brass. A wood furniture brass upper and lower AR10 would be pretty sweet.

awshoot

Reactions
Yeah definitely interesting but I haven't seen any that are durable enough for anything other then novelty or as a stop gap to acquire a better weapon in a SHTF situation. What I'm planning to use one for firearms wise is rapid prototyping and lost wax casting in aluminum or brass. A wood furniture brass upper and lower AR10 would be pretty sweet.

Also, this is a definite start and it was 7 years ago:

awshoot

Reactions
.... What I'm planning to use one for firearms wise is rapid prototyping and lost wax casting in aluminum or brass. ...
One thing I've been thinking of is sort of based on the aluminum plate AR15 plans that are out on the internet -- it's called "Scratchbuilt AR15 Receiver" and has been floating around since 2002: https://graphicalrepresentation.fil...10-17_131429_ar_15_scratch_built_receiver.pdf

This was later adapted into one of the early more successfully printed lowers. It addressed the major issue with printed lowers -- the weakness of the buffer tower. It completely omits any aesthetics though, and the design is based purely on function. Definitely ugly.

Anyway -- I've been thinking of doing some sort of hybrid -- carving aluminum plate with a CNC router and printing the innards. It would be nice to be able to machine only one side of the aluminum, but even with the simplifying step of printing the interior spaces, I think it would require flipping because of the step between the mag well and trigger group housing. That definitely makes it harder on a mere 3 axis hobbyist CNC router, but it is also not impossible.

I've also thought a lot about lost wax casting (note the link to wax filament in my post above), but I just don't have a mill -- after casting, it still needs milling. Although --- perhaps that could be accomplished with an 80% jig. I've never used one of those so I'm not that familiar with them.

Wombat of Doom

Reactions
A lot are full featured weapons.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
  • Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
Top Bottom