JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nein.

Link?
Speaking of Nein.
You just never know what is on the DYI internet, I was looking up a DYI Compression fire starter and found this embeded in the pictures:
1600390610618.png Not sure what it had to do with the price of fish but ultimately found it more interesting.

(Giggle)¡Claro que no! Googled it and ... nope. Dangerous, illegal, and dangerously illegal describe some of those. Neat from an intellectual standpoint, but not going to try any of those "builds".
Yeah they have some designs for machine guns and NFA firearms, and they use hardware store materials so barrels and locking lugs are questionable.

I'm planning on using 4130 or 4140 seamless tube and using a solid pin instead of the rotating locking lever.

You should check out deterrence dispensed, if you like home brew and have a 3d printer. The lowers, receivers, auto sears and disconnectors being 3d printed are really impressive. Before any fudds hit me with the "tHeY wOnt LaSt MoRe ThAn A fEw RoUnDs", Google and watch.

You should check out deterrence dispensed, if you like home brew and have a 3d printer. The lowers, receivers, auto sears and disconnectors being 3d printed are really impressive. Before any fudds hit me with the "tHeY wOnt LaSt MoRe ThAn A fEw RoUnDs", Google and watch.
I don't have a 3d printer yet, but I've seen the 3d printed receivers. While capable they occupy the same space as a liberator pistol. I'm not going to touch auto sears with a ten foot pole.

You don't have to anything illegal -- there's plenty inside the bounds of the law that is interesting:

Yeah definitely interesting but I haven't seen any that are durable enough for anything other then novelty or as a stop gap to acquire a better weapon in a SHTF situation. What I'm planning to use one for firearms wise is rapid prototyping and lost wax casting in aluminum or brass. A wood furniture brass upper and lower AR10 would be pretty sweet.

Yeah definitely interesting but I haven't seen any that are durable enough for anything other then novelty or as a stop gap to acquire a better weapon in a SHTF situation. What I'm planning to use one for firearms wise is rapid prototyping and lost wax casting in aluminum or brass. A wood furniture brass upper and lower AR10 would be pretty sweet.

Also, this is a definite start and it was 7 years ago:

.... What I'm planning to use one for firearms wise is rapid prototyping and lost wax casting in aluminum or brass. ...

One thing I've been thinking of is sort of based on the aluminum plate AR15 plans that are out on the internet -- it's called "Scratchbuilt AR15 Receiver" and has been floating around since 2002: https://graphicalrepresentation.fil...10-17_131429_ar_15_scratch_built_receiver.pdf

This was later adapted into one of the early more successfully printed lowers. It addressed the major issue with printed lowers -- the weakness of the buffer tower. It completely omits any aesthetics though, and the design is based purely on function. Definitely ugly.

Anyway -- I've been thinking of doing some sort of hybrid -- carving aluminum plate with a CNC router and printing the innards. It would be nice to be able to machine only one side of the aluminum, but even with the simplifying step of printing the interior spaces, I think it would require flipping because of the step between the mag well and trigger group housing. That definitely makes it harder on a mere 3 axis hobbyist CNC router, but it is also not impossible.

I've also thought a lot about lost wax casting (note the link to wax filament in my post above), but I just don't have a mill -- after casting, it still needs milling. Although --- perhaps that could be accomplished with an 80% jig. I've never used one of those so I'm not that familiar with them.

A lot are full featured weapons.

You couldn't be more wrong. There are printed receivers that have had over 1000 rounds of full auto pumped through em in one range trip. bubblegum there's an ar15 that's completely printed other than barrel/gas tube, fcg, and bcg that has thousands of run through it and is still going strong.
You couldn't be more wrong. There are printed receivers that have had over 1000 rounds of full auto pumped through em in one range trip. bubblegum there's an ar15 that's completely printed other than barrel/gas tube, fcg, and bcg that has thousands of run through it and is still going strong.

Excellent breakbarrel shotgun designs haven't changed since the mid(ish) 1800's. Many are so durable they can last several lifetimes. They are dirt cheap even for a very nice one.

Building some likely dangerous hobo POS from scratch kinda reminds me of:

35F3B4B5-F226-44C1-B0BB-9908F59681FE.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads