JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like where you're going with the 7.65 Argentine. If you compare the 2 in the photo, the bastard round's shoulder seems lower than the Argentine.

Luftpost-If this is your uncle's stuff, does he have the rifle laying around somewhere? Maybe you stumbled on P.O. Ackley's greatest wildcat and the world doesn't even know! I'm kidding of course. By chance, I know Ackley's grandchildren and just to make your hearts sink, in the late '70's or early 80's, when he was calling it a day, none of the kids or grandkids had an interest in the business. They were offered the business and no one wanted it. I have tried for some time now to pry an actual Ackley rifle from them. At least one of his notebooks. Every time I see them I want to slap them. I go on about his wildcatting and they look at me like I am talking a foreign language. By the way, Ackley's greatest wildcat was the .280AI. It's been a great game. Let us know what you come up with. Kip.

Just stuck the 'fatherless' round and the 7.65 Argentine next to each other, I think you're right Wierzbowski.
-3.jpg
I'll see my uncle in a couple weeks; I was planning a little weekend vacation down there, and to swing by coctailer's shop in Vancouver on the way down to start the 'eternal wait' on a tax stamp. If I call him up and ask, it'll never be found again with the way everything gets rearranged when hes looking for something. :D

I like where you're going with the 7.65 Argentine. If you compare the 2 in the photo, the bastard round's shoulder seems lower than the Argentine.

Luftpost-If this is your uncle's stuff, does he have the rifle laying around somewhere? Maybe you stumbled on P.O. Ackley's greatest wildcat and the world doesn't even know! I'm kidding of course. By chance, I know Ackley's grandchildren and just to make your hearts sink, in the late '70's or early 80's, when he was calling it a day, none of the kids or grandkids had an interest in the business. They were offered the business and no one wanted it. I have tried for some time now to pry an actual Ackley rifle from them. At least one of his notebooks. Every time I see them I want to slap them. I go on about his wildcatting and they look at me like I am talking a foreign language. By the way, Ackley's greatest wildcat was the .280AI. It's been a great game. Let us know what you come up with. Kip.

Ugh, that really is sad :( I would have been all over the opportunity

Looks like point to Wierzbowski to me. Well done. Still, it seems like a lot of effort to make a round that isn't THAT hard to come by. But, there is something to be said for "DIY" and for experimentation and such. I wish someone had another wall of bullets to identify. This game being over makes me sad:( Kip.

Looks like point to Wierzbowski to me. Well done. Still, it seems like a lot of effort to make a round that isn't THAT hard to come by. But, there is something to be said for "DIY" and for experimentation and such. I wish someone had another wall of bullets to identify. This game being over makes me sad:( Kip.

I have tons of other loose bullets, alot of them being 'specialty' rounds. Granted there would be alot of the same calibers, both in terms of what was shown in this thread, but also I would show multiples of the same caliber. We could bump it up a notch and not only ID the caliber, but also manufacturer (ie KTW) and/or type (AP, experimental, API, tracer, etc).
Any interest? I certainly don't mind. :)

Y'know, I was going to offer you a .357mag KTW. But, since you have some, I will keep my $20/per rounds! Bring it on! BTW, I collect rare and "specialty" .357mag ammo. Let me know if you have anything of interest you want to trade or sell. I also collect old military .45auto brass with various headstamps. I haven't gone to full-blown "cartridge collecting"(with exception of those that I collect to shoot), though I could see it happening soon. When I get a chance, I will type up the P.O. Ackley story. It's not that great, but knowing that I am this close(picture me holding my forefinger and thimb one centimeter apart) to having a real piece of history is fun. Kip

Y'know, I was going to offer you a .357mag KTW. But, since you have some, I will keep my $20/per rounds! Bring it on! BTW, I collect rare and "specialty" .357mag ammo. Let me know if you have anything of interest you want to trade or sell. I also collect old military .45auto brass with various headstamps. I haven't gone to full-blown "cartridge collecting"(with exception of those that I collect to shoot), though I could see it happening soon. When I get a chance, I will type up the P.O. Ackley story. It's not that great, but knowing that I am this close(picture me holding my forefinger and thimb one centimeter apart) to having a real piece of history is fun. Kip

Ooooh, interested in a trade, a 9mm KTW for a .357 KTW? :D
As for not-easy-to-find .357 ammo, I have Black Talon, Starfire, Rem 158gr Semi-Jacketed (R357M2), Rem 140gr Semi-Jacketed (R357M9), nothing spectacular.
For .45Auto, my uncle in PDX has lots of old original boxed, most of them unopened, military .45Auto. I have a couple friends that live and die by the 1911, so I grab a box every so often as gifts for them.
Maybe next time I head to Portland we could meet up and talk ammo? :)
Also, went to the WAC show in Monroe today, got 6 new cartridges for the collection! :D

As for a new game, I'll work on getting it setup

Cleaned it up and added/replaced a few. I think one of of the new ones would have been a doozy to figure out...

collection2.jpg

1 .25-20 Winchester (unklekippy)
4 7.62x45mm vz. 52 (Toxic6)

Nice photo. Which ones are new? Now that they have bee rearranged, the old numbering system is shot! As far as your trade offer, we have a deal. I do not have a 9mm KTW. It's funny that in 2012 people think that the teflon is there to either slip through kevlar or protect the barrel of the gun. The teflon gives it a "grab", reducing ricochet in instance of auto-glass or other hard surfaces. The "smaller", original calibers were made for that. Then, the .357 load was made for sheer penetration. When introduced, they showed a video of a fleeing car that they shot through the end, passing the length of thr car and cracking the engine block. I read another amateur test where two guys in the Arizona desert set up steel plates(I can't remember the thickness, but the sheets totalled like 1&7/8" with a 2x4 between each sheet of steel. Behind that was a 55 gallon steel drum stuffed with carpet. They fired, the bullet passed through everything and was last seen skipping across the desert. Pretty cool stuff. What headstamp does your KTW have? Do you have any other calibers? These are simply collectors items now, but the .357 mag will probably stop a car, still. Maybe we can meet at a gun show, or at your Uncle's house, so that I can talk him out of his cool stuff while you're in Seattle! I am open to trading KTW. I have LE Black Talons, which are the 180gr. SXT with the Lubalox coating and the black color. The box is marked Law Enforcement Ammunition. They are loaded a little hotter than the civilian stuff, by my understanding. They also come in a 50 round, rather than 20 round box and have a brass case, rather than nickel. Those seem to be very hard to find as far as I can tell. So, let us know what is unidentified in the photo and give me a shout when you're in Portland. Kip.

Nice photo. Which ones are new? Now that they have bee rearranged, the old numbering system is shot! As far as your trade offer, we have a deal. I do not have a 9mm KTW. It's funny that in 2012 people think that the teflon is there to either slip through kevlar or protect the barrel of the gun. The teflon gives it a "grab", reducing ricochet in instance of auto-glass or other hard surfaces. The "smaller", original calibers were made for that. Then, the .357 load was made for sheer penetration. When introduced, they showed a video of a fleeing car that they shot through the end, passing the length of thr car and cracking the engine block. I read another amateur test where two guys in the Arizona desert set up steel plates(I can't remember the thickness, but the sheets totalled like 1&7/8" with a 2x4 between each sheet of steel. Behind that was a 55 gallon steel drum stuffed with carpet. They fired, the bullet passed through everything and was last seen skipping across the desert. Pretty cool stuff. What headstamp does your KTW have? Do you have any other calibers? These are simply collectors items now, but the .357 mag will probably stop a car, still. Maybe we can meet at a gun show, or at your Uncle's house, so that I can talk him out of his cool stuff while you're in Seattle! I am open to trading KTW. I have LE Black Talons, which are the 180gr. SXT with the Lubalox coating and the black color. The box is marked Law Enforcement Ammunition. They are loaded a little hotter than the civilian stuff, by my understanding. They also come in a 50 round, rather than 20 round box and have a brass case, rather than nickel. Those seem to be very hard to find as far as I can tell. So, let us know what is unidentified in the photo and give me a shout when you're in Portland. Kip.

Yeah, rearranging it all like i did, I'm going to a new numbering scheme, 1-100. But I did number the new ones! Let the games begin!!

But to answer your stuff, awesome that you want to trade, I'll let you know when I head down! I'll see if my uncle wants to meet up with you too (but he's still always gonna give me first dibs :D). The headstamp is: KTW 9mm LUGER. I don't have any other calibers right now sadly, but I'm always working on changing that. The LE SXT/Talon's you have sound pretty cool, I've never seen them. I have several boxes of the regular black talon (.40, .357, 9mm) and 1 box of SXT (9mm) with the black color, but that's all I've found so far. I'd love to find a box of .308 Black Talon tho... would be so cool to have :)

The early KTW's are all reloads. They didn't use their own headstamp until the mid-70's. One more favor, can you tell me if your 9mm KTW is slightly magnetic? You do know that a .300 Win. Mag was also made for the Black Talon, right? Is number 4 a 6.8SPC? It almost looks like a 7.62x40 as well.

The early KTW's are all reloads. They didn't use their own headstamp until the mid-70's. One more favor, can you tell me if your 9mm KTW is slightly magnetic? You do know that a .300 Win. Mag was also made for the Black Talon, right? Is number 4 a 6.8SPC? It almost looks like a 7.62x40 as well.

Ah ok, I didn't know that about them reloading. There is zero magnetic attraction. Were they putting steel cores under the brass or something like that for awhile?
I did know that black talons came in .300 Win Mag, but I'm particularly looking for .308 because I'm a M14 nut :) Anything .308 in terms of specialty ammo, I feel like a 6 y/o getting Christmas presents!
Heh heh, 4 is the toughy. Its none of the ones you mention. Well... almost. :D

Is number 1 a .25-20?

It is! 1 .25-20 Winchester

Is #4 a .30TC? As far as the KTW, they used a different alloy in the earlier rounds. Simply put, reloaded headstamp and slight magnetic quality may be a minor boost in value(or at least rarity), but the round you are describing sounds like some of the final ones made, which is of better general quality. Do you mind me asking how many 9mm's you have? I would be open to other trades if you had more that you wanted to part with. Send me a PM if you sre interested. Kip.

Is #4 a .30TC? As far as the KTW, they used a different alloy in the earlier rounds. Simply put, reloaded headstamp and slight magnetic quality may be a minor boost in value(or at least rarity), but the round you are describing sounds like some of the final ones made, which is of better general quality. Do you mind me asking how many 9mm's you have? I would be open to other trades if you had more that you wanted to part with. Send me a PM if you sre interested. Kip.

PM inbound :D Very cool to learn that, will have to keep my eyes open for em.
#4 is not a .30TC, and till now I had never heard of that round.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top