JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Same as Pigdog. Watched them most of the summer, season starts and "poof" gone. Saw two recent rubs from the one I'm looking for but not a track or turd newer than a week old. The photo from my phone is really bad but you can see my bike leaning up against the tree for scale. The rub topped out at about seven feet tall. He was a heavy 6x7 last year and I'm hoping he's 7x7 now. Got a few more weeks to try and find him again! One thing I noticed different than the last few years is a lot more people. I saw more guys from Monday to Friday than my last 3 years combined, and I'm pretty far from the main roads. Maybe high unemployment so people have more time?
bigrub.jpg

I got mine yesterday morning just before 7. A big fat 700 pound roosevelt cow. Double lung pass through from 35 yards. She ran about 50 yards and stopped to wait for the rest of the herd to catch up. She knew something was wrong but didn't really spook. Luckily she only made it another 100 yards before laying down right next to the trail, I didn't find one drop of blood. It all stayed in her body cavity and came gushing out like the scene from the shining. It took me and my two hunting buddies about nine hours to get her back to the truck.

watched a 6pt fly across the road @50yrds in front of the truck as we were driving back to camp, followed by 2 of his cows. Couple guys chased after them into the bush, but those monsters can move!!! Almost got a shot at the bull @70yrds but no good. Going to try again tomorrow.
On a brighter note, party member dropped a spike opening day....well, brighter for him I guess.

CJ

Tag soup again this year. Got into elk 3/4 of the time but couldn't get in a spot close enough to shoot. I have to work all this week and out of town next weekend, so it looks like I'm done.

Maybe I'll head east of the mountains next year. I'm getting too old to be hoofing it through all this coastal brush!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top