JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I have a little bond arms derringer. While generally not the end all be all of SD, It is awfully fun. I have about 500 primed hulls and a few of the magtech brass are on order. I have powder, I have shot, but I have never loaded a shotshell before. Ideally I would love to do something like the Hornady triple shot, but that might not be doable.

I am a little confused as to what I need to make a 410 shotshell. I assume wads, shotcups and cards and something to do a crimp. Any reccomendations? For reasons of not fouling up the woods, I personally would prefer to use biodegradable items in things that fly out the muzzle. The less plastic the better.

When I shot Skeet yes I reloaded 410 , 28 and 12 gauge . I have not reloaded any shotgun ammo since departing from participation in shotgun games.

You will need a reloader for shotshells get a MEC in 410 if you can find one. but yes you will need hulls, powder, shot, primers and wads.

I am a little confused as to what I need to make a 410 shotshell. I assume wads, shotcups and cards and something to do a crimp. Any reccomendations? For reasons of not fouling up the woods, I personally would prefer to use biodegradable items in things that fly out the muzzle. The less plastic the better.

I had never considered biodegradable wads, but kudos to you for taking into consideration what type of outdoors we pass on to our kids and grandkids.

So, I have a little bond arms derringer. While generally not the end all be all of SD, It is awfully fun. I have about 500 primed hulls and a few of the magtech brass are on order. I have powder, I have shot, but I have never loaded a shotshell before. Ideally I would love to do something like the Hornady triple shot, but that might not be doable.

I'm in the same boat. The MEC loaders for 410 are expensive and rare. But I'm trying to be patient on the situation altogether so later on when I get to reloading, I'll be ready. The wads are a great idea, something like plant resin perhaps. I wish the same with steel shot. No coatings so it'll be something that can rust to nothing in the woods. Anyway good luck!

survival loader is all you need. considering you wont exactly be mag dumping with that thing. simple reload tools would probably suffice

I once had a .410 single shot, shotgun. Actually, it was my son's. But.....the high cost of store-bought ammo took some of the fun out of it. 12 ga promo ammo could be purchased at much cheaper prices.

Anyway.....I also thought about re-loading for it. I figured that a Lee Loader Kit would be the answer for me. BUT......I couldn't find a kit in .410 gauge. So....I gave up on the project. My son also lost interest in the .410 and sold it off in favor of a 12 ga. pump shotgun.

Anyway......IMHO, if you can find a Lee Loader Kit that would/could be a good start. Or.....if you want more/faster production.....that is also possible with a press.

OR.....you could just do it with stuff like in this set up.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....the Lee Loaders Kit on action.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR