JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"Control"
"Exposing the truth about guns"

By Glenn Beck?

I just got done with it, bought it Sunday at Costco for $7.59.

Good read and full of data with quotes and backup.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

Yep, just finished it on my kindle. Great book. The only thing about these books is they preach to the choir. Wish I could get people that are on the fence on this issue to read it.
I watched Glenn Becks speech at the NRA convention, and he was excellent!! he didn't hold anything back.

I watched Glenn Beck's speech at the NRA Convention, as well as the live broadcast of his show on Thursday, May 2nd (I was in the live audience).

He went into more detail during the commercial breaks and answered questions after the program was complete. He is a pretty convincing speaker and appears to be a believer. I read part of his book on the flight home.

i may agree with much of what he talks about but i cant help but consider him no different than most of the liberal media. he's no hack but a fair portion of what he says is poisonous.

As GOG said, any party, or member thereof, that supports statism is an eney to civil liberties. This statement includes members of both parties, which is why saying opposing party confused me.

Wow, that would be so cool to have been there. Did you get to see any other speeches?

Sorry, this is a bit off topic.

Yep, it was a lot of fun. Four days of hanging out with 80,000 of your best friends.

Two speeches (In addition to Beck's) worth watching:

Taya Kyle- The widow of Chris Kyle, Navy Seal Sniper.
There wasn't a dry eye in the house.

Judge Jeanine Pirro
She had the whole place fired up.

You should watch the Governor Rick Perry intro video. It was pretty cool.

i may agree with much of what he talks about but i cant help but consider him no different than most of the liberal media. he's no hack but a fair portion of what he says is poisonous.

I agree with much of what folks on this forum talk about, but not everything. A fair portion of what some post here is poisonous. Maybe I should just stomp back to my mom's basement and hide in my room until I get my way?

(Flame-On?)

With that said...

Nobody is insisting you agree with everything he says or puts in print. It's kind of like the people on forums that will pick out a single typo to discount an entire missive. The fact is, he does support the 2nd Amendment and is willing to speak his mind on a national stage. How many others have gone to the trouble to research and publish a book supporting our right to "Keep and Bear Arms"? Listen to what he has to say. If you agree with 75% of what he puts forward, then take that part to heart and ignore the rest. There is a lot of good information in the book, backed up with facts.

I agree with much of what folks on this forum talk about, but not everything. A fair portion of what some post here is poisonous. Maybe I should just stomp back to my mom's basement and hide in my room until I get my way?

(Flame-On?)

With that said...

Nobody is insisting you agree with everything he says or puts in print. It's kind of like the people on forums that will pick out a single typo to discount an entire missive. The fact is, he does support the 2nd Amendment and is willing to speak his mind on a national stage. How many others have gone to the trouble to research and publish a book supporting our right to "Keep and Bear Arms"? Listen to what he has to say. If you agree with 75% of what he puts forward, then take that part to heart and ignore the rest. There is a lot of good information in the book, backed up with facts.

fair enough

any time he speaks about an opposing party as the enemy to civil liberties.

I have my doubts that you follow GB all that closely. He documents (with research to back it up) cases about BOTH major political parties and the statists/liberal/progressives that are ensconced within them. He also CONSTANTLY challenges (sometimes begs) you to not take his word for it and do your own research to see if those things are indeed true, to take an interest in your country, your REPUBLICAN (not "pure democracy") form of government, your family, your future.

I don't agree with everything he says, and sometimes is a bit melodramatic, and his beating of the drum and blowing the horn for the Mormon church gets on my nerves at times (nothing against Mormons!)... but hey, its his show and I turn the dial when I've had enough of any given topic.

Although he's a bit melodramatic, Beck comes out closest to the truth than anybody else I can think of in such a major position.

The thing I really appreciate about Beck is that he does his research, he knows his history, and he has facts. Yes he can be melodramatic, but he knows his stuff. I read his book "Broke" and there was like 30 pages of references in the back.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top