JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm trying to determine if these will cycle consistently with subsonic rounds but there is not much info out there I can find.

Anyone have experience with these that can comment about how ammo sensitive they are or ideally if they can cycle subsonics?

Thanks!

I've got a 622 that cycles fine with CCI standard velocity at 1,070 FPS. Subsonic is 1,050 FPS. I'm guessing you'd be fine, but as a kind hearted soul, if you sent me a box of subsonic, I'd be happy to try it out for you.:)

I run a SilencerCo Sparrow suppressor on my S&W 422/622 pistols with standard ammo and they cycle just fine.
I'll try some sub sonic ammo tonight and see how it goes.
I just received an email from EWK Arms today stating that they have caught up with their stainless steel adapters for these pistols.
I have one in my collection needing the adapter and have been waiting awhile.

Last Edited:
I run a SilencerCo Sparrow suppressor on my S&W 422/622 pistols with standard ammo and they cycle just fine.
I'll try some sub sonic ammo tonight and see how it goes.
I just received an email from EWK Arms today stating that they have caught up with their stainless steel adapters for these pistols.
I have a one in my collection needing the adapter and have been waiting awhile.
Awesome. What are the stainless steel adapters for? Is that the thread adapter for suppressor?

Yes.

s&w 2213 001.JPG

EWK Arms makes a special tool to remove the barrel trunnion nut. Once you remove that, all you need is an Allen wrench to install the suppressor adapter.
They also make blued adapters.

The 2213 pictured above and a 422 both ran fine with sub sonic ammo. I did have the suppressor on both of them, as my neighbors wouldn't approve.

EWK Arms makes a special tool to remove the barrel trunnion nut. Once you remove that, all you need is an Allen wrench to install the suppressor adapter.
They also make blued adapters.

The 2213 pictured above and a 422 both ran fine with sub sonic ammo. I did have the suppressor on both of them, as my neighbors wouldn't approve.
That's awesome info thx! Glad it works with subs. Seems like u could run a pretty tall suppressor and still not have it restrict factory sights.

That's why I collected these model S&W pistols. It's very easy to swap out the original barrel nut and install the suppressor adapter.
And, you can easily swap the factory parts back on in a couple of minutes.
All in all. they're a lot of fun suppressed.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top