JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have and also used, usgi cleaning kit, boresnake, bootlace, 550 cord, and Otis cleaning kit. Never had any break or get stuck. I have used all different kinds of cleaning/ lubing oil and all work. Does it make me an expert? Nope! I have tortured different rifles in messed up environments. Had sand in places that still cause me to shudder and have never seen carbon buildup on my cleaning tool ruin my barrel. I have friends that have done multiple tours in various awful places and they have never had any issues from cleaning tools or carbon. Only time I "punch" a cleaning tool through my barrel is if it is not going to be shot in more than 4 months. ***psst*** almost never sits that long. I worry more about saltwater and rust than carbon buildup.

Does that mean that I'm an expert? Nope! Just means that they are my tools that I use and I don't need to eat off of them.

I knew a guy that saved a drink bottle of wee, and would soak a bore snake or 550 cord or boot lace, and run that through, his rifle always shot strait, so I would say it works! Same guy would flush out his rifle by whizzing in it and shaking it out, seemed to work fine! Won't find me doing that on an every day bases, but having seen it done, I know it could be used in a pinch!

I knew a guy that saved a drink bottle of wee, and would soak a bore snake or 550 cord or boot lace, and run that through, his rifle always shot strait, so I would say it works! Same guy would flush out his rifle by whizzing in it and shaking it out, seemed to work fine! Won't find me doing that on an every day bases, but having seen it done, I know it could be used in a pinch!

My dad was in the Marine Corp back in the 1950s and the Marines ran out of water for a water cooled machine gun they were firing. They all donated their urine to cool the machine gun instead. It worked but it really stunk up the area.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top