JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im in Tigard. Been shooting all my life with many types of guns but almost all target. Years ago used to bird hunt and know how to lead with a shotgun but I know (I think) that's its really pretty hard to shoot at a cross or angle running target with a 9mm. Since I don't have any way of practicing that at a range, and don't want to learn the hard way on an attacker, what does anyone suggest? Thanks.

Im in Tigard. Been shooting all my life with many types of guns but almost all target. Years ago used to bird hunt and know how to lead with a shotgun but I know (I think) that's its really pretty hard to shoot at a cross or angle running target with a 9mm. Since I don't have any way of practicing that at a range, and don't want to learn the hard way on an attacker, what does anyone suggest? Thanks.

As with most all of my shooting, jackrabbits in Nevada is about the best teacher...

Check out the simulators at Threat Dynamics in Sherwood. In their simulated ranges, they offer, among other things, a bouncing ball target which is a hell of a lot harder to hit than it sounds. :)

IDPA match at tri county gun club. Challenging stages they set up every month. Moving targets and shooting on the move. First Saturday of the month. I'm signed up for the match next Saturday February 1st

IDPA / USPSA matches are great. They usually feature swinging and momentary targets, and I have seen ones on tracks/pulleys but that seems less common.

I want to know what caliber they are using. 5.56 or maybe 6.8 spc? Those were some hard hits.

5.56. Damn.

"You'll be using the top-quality Daniel Defense DDM4v7s chambered in .223 or, if the area has a high concentration of coyotes, a Benelli M4 shotgun shooting 00 buckshot."

Got any neighborhood kids you don't really like? Pay one five bucks to run carrying a pumpkin over his head. After the first couple of shots the little turds will really move!

When you can hit a zigzag Jack Rabbit running through the Sagebrush at 90 miles an hour, using a black powder cap and ball pistol, you know youve practiced enough...

IDPA match at tri county gun club. Challenging stages they set up every month. Moving targets and shooting on the move. First Saturday of the month. I'm signed up for the match next Saturday February 1st
Id love to shoot that. I wish i was a pistol shooter!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top