JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks guy! You have all been very helpful and most of my questions have been answered. I will definitely be calling the Reintegration team when I get back. Gresham is sounding really good. Hopefully I get the choice and they have a slot for a E5 11C.

Good luck to you. I have been in the ORARNG as an 11B and 11A for almost 16 years. I too was with some of these yahoos in the 2-162 for OIFII. I was with both A and C Co out of Eugene. 2-162 is a squared away Infantry BN. A good 11C is always needed. Your best link up would be with C Co out of Gresham if you are still looking for a line unit. The extra pay and continuation of the Tricare is well worth it, especially if you are in school and have any dependents.

Update* looks like Oregon is all full up on E5 11c's. They putting me in Woodburn in a E5 11B slot.
I am pretty sure the unit is Detachment 1, Company B, 3rd Battalion, 116th Cavalry
But I won't know for sure until I sign on Tuesday.

Update* looks like Oregon is all full up on E5 11c's. They putting me in Woodburn in a E5 11B slot.
I am pretty sure the unit is Detachment 1, Company B, 3rd Battalion, 116th Cavalry
But I won't know for sure until I sign on Tuesday.

I live about a mile from their Armory and you are correct, it's a Cav unit. We lined the streets with our Harleys (those of us who have them), the police force, fire dept. and thousands of the residents lined the streets along their transportaion route here in town, and put on a big welcome home for them when the redeployed back from the sandbox. :s0155:

To be honest I'm not sure what theatre they redeployed from this most recent time, I didn't talk to any of the troops as their families were there for a reunion. I was referring to the first homecoming, they just had another recent homecoming event, but I had to work and missed it.

*Update* Troop B, 1st Squadron, 82nd Cavalry in Woodburn

Signed up for 20 months as a 11B just to try it out. Oregon NG didn't have any E-5 11C slots anywhere near Portland but hopefully I can get back into a 11C position. Anyone have any info or insight on this unit.

Was in the 1249th Engineers out of Camp Rilea back in `84-`86. went active duty and retired in `06..back in them days the guard dug foxholes to bury beer cans.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top