JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do You Recycle?

• Total voters
Mikej said:
That's not just recycling, it's larceny! None of those bottles/cans puchased in Washington had a deposit paid on them. People bringing those containers to Oregon turning them in for money are thieves, every bit as much as if they'd put their hand in a till and taken the money.

Mike

Wait a minute...I see what you did there. You're assuming I don't shop in Portland...you know what they say about people who assume, right?

:D

I recycle whatever our local collections will accept, which is frustrating because I'm left with many plastics and Styrofoams not accepted in our small town. I try to find other uses or other's who can use the Styrofoam and other plastic containers. I also recycle many of the paper and food wastes into a vermi-compost bin.

""I try to recycle anything I can. Only problem I have is people keep stealing my Glass recycling bin with all my beer bottles in it I buy then in WA but they still are worth a nickel in OR and I guess that causes people to be interested in them. One day I am going to wait out in the driveway and scare the living you know what out of them.""

""I donate my bottles to a girl in high school down the street who does just that. She has a couple other houses in the neighborhood save their bottles for her also...I bet she has saved up a bunch so far!""

That's not just recycling, it's larceny! None of those bottles/cans puchased in Washington had a deposit paid on them. People bringing those containers to Oregon turning them in for money are thieves, every bit as much as if they'd put their hand in a till and taken the money.

Mike

t48871_atfirstIwaslikethis.png

Live in the country, and I DO NOT BURN MY GARBAGE like many folks do.

We make a dump run every 2-3 months, usually because we are out of recycle space. Our 2 garbage cans many times are not even full.

Now minimum dump fee is $10.00 last year it was $5.00. we very seldom went over the old min.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top