JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My $0.02, although it seems op has it handled now.....

These thoughts only apply to WA state.

-most shops will insist on OEM or certified compliant replacement parts. It's to protect their butts. WA state isn't the one they're worried about, it's the slim chance of issues from the feds.

-WA state recently stopped doing emissions testing. So....guess what? If you happen to not have a catalytic converter anymore, due to theft, no one will bust you for it.

-the 2000 CR-V has an early obd2 system and can be still be driven missing it's downstream O2 sensor, as long as the upstream sensor still is functioning.

I'm just saying, it'll probably get stolen again.
If the government isn't doing it's part, I wouldn't replace it until things improve. That's a ton of money!

-most shops will insist on OEM or certified compliant replacement parts. It's to protect their butts. WA state isn't the one they're worried about, it's the slim chance of issues from the feds.

-WA state recently stopped doing emissions testing. So....guess what? If you happen to not have a catalytic converter anymore, due to theft, no one will bust you for it.

-the 2000 CR-V has an early obd2 system and can be still be driven missing it's downstream O2 sensor, as long as the upstream sensor still is functioning.

If the government isn't doing it's part, I wouldn't replace it until things improve. That's a ton of money!
I only put mine on because Oregon deq required it and one wasn't there.
Took about 2 hours all told and I was back in deq line and it passed.

At the rate these things are being stolen it should open up a new market for people who know how to start doing this then. People who are not a "shop" but know how can do great business patching up these vehicles since the voters here have decided they do not want to stop the scum stealing and buying the stolen. If either of my old Jeeps get cut there in no way in hell I am paying to have OEM put back on them. There has got to be a hell of the lot of vehicles driving around with no CAT these days at the rate these things are being stolen.

You have any idea how much kids pay to have a pipe that sounds like that?
I would call bone yards and ask if they have one on a wrecked CR-V (Element might also fit) and info on a shop which can weld it on.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top