JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm 0 for 2, both potential buyers are looking for ridiculous deals, for me to deliver to them, and one actually asked if id forge a bill of sale stating the date before these guns were even made. Some peoples kids, man.

I'm afraid Armslist has an infestation of scammers.

I understand people hoping to get a good deal by capitalizing on someone else's misfortune, but it gets irritating when all people will offer is less than half the fair value of a firearm.

Then there the people who fail to show, or the people who seem to enjoy wasting other people's time.

Personally, if I'm selling (trading actually) the recipient will come to me.

If I'm buying, I'm doing the traveling.

Always face to face, no shipping.

Armslist is a crap shoot most days of the week. I've had some some luck but lots of scammers. Been looking for an M1A Super Match and noted one for sale in Spokane was also for sale in North Carolina and Texas when I did a national search. It's certainly a buyer / seller beware market.

30% on armslist is the good average.

Love it too when they want me to deliver, wipe their bubblegum and satisfy their every need.

No. You are the buyer, how bad do you want it?

Why forget a Bill of Sale? Lol. Just don't do one.

He wanted the bill of sale in lieu of transfer/background check. Coming up with 30 dollars to transfer 2 pistols that im charging less than 400 total for shouldnt be an issue. Neither should driving from tualitin to portland to get such a deal. I even offered to meet halfway and was declined lol

He wanted the bill of sale in lieu of transfer/background check. Coming up with 30 dollars to transfer 2 pistols that im charging less than 400 total for shouldnt be an issue. Neither should driving from tualitin to portland to get such a deal. I even offered to meet halfway and was declined lol
The guy sounds like an AZZ HAT, we are all better off he didn't make that purchase. Hard to tell where those guns would have ended up with his scoff law approach to the terms and conditions (untruthful bill of sale) of the proposed transaction.

Just putting it out there, willing to take 375 obo or trade for the two pistols i have listed. I cant go too much lower on the price (gun show bills haha), unless we work out a trade.

Yeah, I dont get excited when i get a response to one of my arnslist ads. Its usually a hold my breath approach. Just over a year ago, I got the run around trying to purchase an AK on armslist. I had scheduled a day off from work to finally meet with the guy. The deal was for me to check it out at his place then we go to the FFL down the street. Keep in mind, this was after 5 failed attempts already trying to meet up. When I got there, the seller had ignored all my texts and phone calls. He answered the door after 3 door bell rings and only had his boxers on when he came to the door. He had a ghost face look and told me his guns were stolen the night before, every single one of them. I told him he could have at least told me before heading out there as it was a 1 hour drive. Never again. :cool:

I've done a couple of sales on Armslist, its always been positive for me. Agree on a price before the meet, always meet at an FFL for transfers no exception, no shipping, cash only, buyer does the traveling.

I used to get a lot of scammers on armslist. But since I put "NO SHIPPING, CASH ONLY, NO TRADES" at the very beginning of the ad theres been a significant decline in scam emails.

Yeah, I dont get excited when i get a response to one of my arnslist ads. Its usually a hold my breath approach. Just over a year ago, I got the run around trying to purchase an AK on armslist. I had scheduled a day off from work to finally meet with the guy. The deal was for me to check it out at his place then we go to the FFL down the street. Keep in mind, this was after 5 failed attempts already trying to meet up. When I got there, the seller had ignored all my texts and phone calls. He answered the door after 3 door bell rings and only had his boxers on when he came to the door. He had a ghost face look and told me his guns were stolen the night before, every single one of them. I told him he could have at least told me before heading out there as it was a 1 hour drive. Never again. :cool:

Hell no, I would never meet at someone's house. That's just asking to get robbed. Public place with lots of traffic.

Just sold a mosin through armslist the other day, no haggling whatsoever and the guy met me at the ffl with no funny business. So I'm 1 for 1....I usually am the buyer not the seller...

I'd like to see a Posting of the names and addresses of these so called buyers here on the Forum. I think it should have not just Armslist but any other website including this one. I do feel that this information would have to be verified, maybe by the Mods. with the name of the Poster kept private(but available) and that just might stop some of the people.

I've had a number of good deals on AL over the years. Plenty of potential/attempted scams too. No feedback system makes it difficult to know who to trust. It can be a place to find some great deals, but you have to know how to protect yourself from scams. It's become so much work now, I rarely even bother with them any longer. About the only time I'll even look is if I can't find what I'm looking for on NWFA.

To date, no one has scammed me, but they have definitely tried - I've caught them in the act and cut them off before it cost me anything.

If anyone thinks a feedback system works, I think they are kidding themselves. Just look at fleaBay. I don't think I've seen anyone with less than a 99% rating in years. Even if you leave negative in almost every case it's gone out of sight in a day or so. It's truly a joke.

When I live in free states I used it success often. Cash and carry in a parking lot.

Absolutely loved it...

In states that aren't free, like here in the NW, I'm not messing with it and find the use/support generally poor within the area.

I did have one dude contact me when I was trying to sell complete AR lowers here in Tri-Cities, He was like... "let's do this American style, cash and carry." I couldn't, too scared and I got a .gov job. Can't be caught up in bubblegum like that....

I miss free states...

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR