JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I completed a trade via Armslist today.

The other party drove 90 minutes, and dealt with the bridge being open and road construction.

We were originally scheduled to do it yesterday, but he informed me in advance of a dental appointment he was having done earlier in the day.

On the original day, I did have contact with him and figured he was a flake.

Then he text me explaining what happened, but I didn't hear from him for hours.

Last night he called, no email or text, but called. He was apologetic, explained what happened and asked to reschedule.

Trade completed.

He was a stand up dude, life happens at times. He even understood when I had to leave when he arrived to pick up my kid from school.

Despite all the Beavis' out there, there are many good ole boys (and girls) left.

If anyone thinks a feedback system works, I think they are kidding themselves. Just look at fleaBay. I don't think I've seen anyone with less than a 99% rating in years. Even if you leave negative in almost every case it's gone out of sight in a day or so. It's truly a joke.

So would you say the very successful feedback system here on NWFA is a joke? I've never had a single issue with a member with positive feedback here. Feedback works, so long as the negatives, if legitimate, are allowed to stand.

So would you say the very successful feedback system here on NWFA is a joke? I've never had a single issue with a member with positive feedback here. Feedback works, so long as the negatives, if legitimate, are allowed to stand.
No, what I'm saying about feedback is that on sites like online Auctions is where it doesn't work. This isn't an auction site.:):):)

I'm 0 for 2, both potential buyers are looking for ridiculous deals, for me to deliver to them, and one actually asked if id forge a bill of sale stating the date before these guns were even made. Some peoples kids, man.
CAUTION is the word if on this site or armslist. I've bought and sold on Armlist and dont have any bad stories to tell.

I am 0 for 1. The guy had a 4"S&W Model 64 revolver like the ones you see on Buds, PSA and SOG. He wanted to trade it for a poly gun. I offered an M&P 9c with night sites and extra mags. But he must have gotten got cold feet. Which is fine I'd rather order a Model 64 and keep the 9c, I've grown quite fond of it. But he just kind of quit communicating after we set up a time and place we were both available to meet, rather than telling me he didn't want to do the deal. I've had a similar experience trying to buy a DW revolver on here a couple years back, so I'm not ready to throw the baby out with the bath just yet.

I have had very good luck both buying and selling. I always meet the person at the FFL so we can both see who we are dealing with before anything is exchanged.
James

30% on armslist is the good average.

Love it too when they want me to deliver, wipe their bubblegum and satisfy their every need.

No. You are the buyer, how bad do you want it?

Why forget a Bill of Sale? Lol. Just don't do one.

He wanted you to skip the background check .It could come back to bite you if you do..Especially if you don't know them.

Glad it has worked for some here...

My son had great interaction and trades (almost weekly) a few years back in various locations, getting his best activity with other soldiers around Ft. Lewis while he was there.

I became interested and tried to find some similar deals but to no avail.

Ironically, in the very same month that I tried, his experiences also took a spiraling nose-dive into Flake City with unresponsive players, misrepresented merchandise and shady characters trying to bait sellers into bypassing those invasive new (at the time) BGI/FFL anti-2A restrictions.

His summary: "Armslist used to be pretty good, now it sucks in every way and I'm done with it." I gave up on it too.

Last Edited:
He wanted you to skip the background check .It could come back to bite you if you do..Especially if you don't know them.

That was the second person who had asked me to sell to them illegally. Thr first wanted me to meet them somewhere between independence and portland at like 1030pm. Nope! Probably going to take my ads down there.

That was the second person who had asked me to sell to them illegally. Thr first wanted me to meet them somewhere between independence and portland at like 1030pm. Nope! Probably going to take my ads down there.
IT wont hurt to leave them up . Just meet at FFL .There's' to many young thugs with no brains these days.

I sell about 1/2 on here and 1/2 on Armslist.

Guys on NWFA tend to be cheap but reliable; Armslist tends to have a lot of cheapskates, flakes AND dummies.

Both sites constantly have guys trying to trade even if you specifically say NO TRADES.

Either way,it's a buyer's market.

I have no direct experience with Armslist. From some of the things I've seen listed there and some of the feedback here and elsewhere, I've avoided it.

I used to buy and sell guns via AuctionArms (now called Gun Auctions). Back in the day they were great. Then they had all kinds of technical trouble. And finally, it seems to have degenerated into only the bottom dwellers active there: a fraction of the selection the used to have, deadbeats, time-wasters/tire-kickers, a grossly misstated firearm condition in one case, etc. I finally gave up on the site a few years back.

I've had nothing but good results with Gunbroker (GB) over the years, buying and selling. Between GB and Grab-a-Gun, I haven't seen any need to buy/sell anywhere else online in recent memory.

YMMV.

Yup. That's Armslist.

IMG_2238.jpg

Hi, my name is Bob. I'd like to buy your gun, but I'm a convicted felon, fresh out of the Air Force, and while I'm sure they didn't report my info to the FBI, I don't want to run the risk. So, if you can agree to a face to face meeting to avoid all that Government BGC crap (government, who needs 'em, ami right??), I'd be happy to pay you 3 times your asking price with a crisp, newly printed money order. Better yet, I'll just meet you at your house in 20, I know where you live.

Armslist used to be very good, about half my sales were done there. Since everyone can be anonymous, it can be pretty sketchy, it's easy to weed them out though, grammar is often sufficient.

Nwfa is far more reliable, since most of us are here for the long haul and you have somewhat of a reputation.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top