JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm going to be assembling a glock style pistol for my lady, and she has a fascination with chameleon style coloring, so I was wondering if anyone in the WA area does PVD? Or is this typically handled at larger facilities (I know Rockslide among others offers it)

I'm just curious why PVD over cerakote?
I'm not anywhere near an expert, I'm sure there are others that know more, but I've been doing some research for what type of look I want for my Glock and there are more color options in cerakote than available in PVD. Ive almost settled on rose gold-pewter camo. I haven't found much evidence that one is necessarily better than the other...

I'm just curious why PVD over cerakote?
I'm not anywhere near an expert, I'm sure there are others that know more, but I've been doing some research for what type of look I want for my Glock and there are more color options in cerakote than available in PVD. Ive almost settled on rose gold-pewter camo. I haven't found much evidence that one is necessarily better than the other...

There are definitely more color options via cerakote. That said I have yet to find a color chameleon for them, however most of your high luster and specialty colors are PVD. Unless my research is off the only way to get a durable chameleon finish is with PVD (examples below)

8D4F0ABC-03C7-4898-911B-274D1B30C519.jpeg 6B7FB3C0-4D5B-42FA-9371-C2FBF1C8CA7A.jpeg

I've seen this finish on the Sig P238 and on my Kashi hair cutting shears :D It is a rainbow titanium oxide finish. It's a really pretty finish. You might be right, I'm not sure if you can do cerakote that bright. I've only been looking into cerakote that is in a matte finish. You should find someone that does cerakote near you, they may know someone in your area that may do PVD or they may even do it as well.

I've seen this finish on the Sig P238 and on my Kashi hair cutting shears :D It is a rainbow titanium oxide finish. It's a really pretty finish. You might be right, I'm not sure if you can do cerakote that bright. I've only been looking into cerakote that is in a matte finish. You should find someone that does cerakote near you, they may know someone in your area that may do PVD or they may even do it as well.

It is very similar to a Ti oxide finish, except that the colors actually change depending on the angle you look at it as opposed to the rainbow hue being "set" I had a Kershaw folder in rainbow titanium before....damn miss that knife:(

It is very similar to a Ti oxide finish, except that the colors actually change depending on the angle you look at it as opposed to the rainbow hue being "set" I had a Kershaw folder in rainbow titanium before....damn miss that knife:(
Could not relate to missing a knife, now a flashlight... I can miss a flashlight!

Not quite local but Lone Wolf Distributors is in Idaho. They will do PVD on a slide for $75. Barrel finishing is extra.
Lone wolf

Your wife might enjoy customizing her Glock with a new slide design, barrel, trigger, controls, etc.... That might blow your budget though.

Not quite local but Lone Wolf Distributors is in Idaho. They will do PVD on a slide for $75. Barrel finishing is extra.
Lone wolf

Your wife might enjoy customizing her Glock with a new slide design, barrel, trigger, controls, etc.... That might blow your budget though.

Oh it will be a fully built piece, and I was going to be going through them for the upgraded LPK anyways.

I was looking at that alfawolf series 20 and it is a great looking slide....but dang $375 is a lot of cheddar.

ETA: thank you for the suggestion that is a very reasonable price!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews