JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone, new guy here. A buddy of mine thought someone here might be able to help me out. I have a Bulgarian Ak74 that was built by Marxman Precision Arms out of Las Vegas and the damn thing just won't feed reliably, even using Bulgarian magazines and surplus ammo. I could ship it to Vegas and have Marxman fix it but I'd rather have a good local smith take care of it. Does anybody here know someone local that is good with AKs? Here's a couple pics of what it's doin. What do ya think? Thanks guys.

20161202_135412.jpg 20161202_132844.jpg

AK's are pretty simple. What's going on with the pig pile there...Did that round fail to eject?
Post a pic of the magwell and mag latch with and without the mag in place.

Yeah it looks like it failed to eject but cycled enough to jam another round in there with the spent case. I had to use pliers to get it out, it was lodged in there pretty solid. Usually it ejects the shells 10 ft or more. That was the first time it did that, usually the bolt rides slightly above the round and doesn't feed. So I might have more than one issue with this thing. I'll take some more pics for ya this evening. Thanks for the quick reply.

I've tried promags which wouldn't work at all, a couple clear plastic Polish mags and 2 Circle 21 surplus mags. The circle 21 mags work the best but only when they want to. If I hold pressure back on the magazine while firing it seems to help.

Tried different ammo?

Short stroking/under gassed/weak ammo? When somewhere safe to do so. Can you manually get the gun to cycle?

Extractor? Missing/broken or frozen?

How about some pictures of the magazine empty and loaded in the gun from the top.[ bolt out of the gun]
Also bolt and carrier pictures.

It's hard to look at the interaction of the parts without the gun. But pictures help. :s0092:

Well, after checking out my gun some more I'm really not interested in messing with it myself. I really do appreciate you guys input with trying to figure this thing out but I pretty much just want to the right smith to get it running right. Any ideas on a somewhat local gunsmith that can handle it? I can handle fixing vehicles but I want to leave fixing my guns to someone with more experience than myself on the subject. Any thoughts? Thanks again guys.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top