JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
See Carlos Miller's blog about photography and police harassment, and read Radley Balko's blog. It needs to be put out there clearly that:

1. Police have zero expectation of prrivacy when acting in an official capacity
2. Amateur photographers and videographers have the same rights as official 'press' to film in public.
3. A police officer, acting under colour of authority to suppress or prevent film or video evidence, is committing a federal felony.

I agree that most cops are simpy ordinary people doing a difficult job. I understand that they are reasonably afraid of armchair criticism, but the way to avoid that is not to suppress evidence, but to make it available and then argue your case. In any event, they have no RIGHT to confiscate film or video, and no RIGHT to harass or intimdate the people filming.

And the witnesses are less than reliable too.

Why is that? Do you have some evidence? Or is it just from looking at them? One of the female witnesses, who BTW says cell phones were smashed, has a brother who is a cop.

An important thing to remember is, reguardless that this happened, there are still alot of good cops out there protecting us. However, the cops that abuse thier authority or loose self control in tense situations need to be canned or sent back to the acadamy. If they are pointing guns at someone filming them in a public place then they need to go to jail. We would if we did it!

There are cops protecting us? Damn I had 3 cars stolen and was I stolen from a few times. I never had a cop protect me. People that feel that way are in for a rude awakening. I have never had a cop there until after the fact and that was worthless.

I just don't count on them for beans. There never there when you need them and when you do it takes a while if they do come. Not that I care its just that you can't count on them unless you break the law.

It is not their job to protect.............................

Rory at the US Open golf championship has 4-5 armed thugs following him around the course. Apparently they want to get the sheeple used to seeing that sort of thing. After all, it must take an HK 45, taser and 24" batton to stave off all those vicious golf fans.

Disgusting display.

Rory at the US Open golf championship has 4-5 armed thugs following him around the course. Apparently they want to get the sheeple used to seeing that sort of thing. After all, it must take an HK 45, taser and 24" batton to stave off all those vicious golf fans.

Disgusting display.

Go to the airport during travel season and you'll see cops playing commando with gear we paid for. Parade them around enough and the sheeple will actually think that the dog-and-pony show actually creates a safe traveling environment, hence securing funding for the future.

Just another iteration of The Big Lie.

There are cops protecting us? Damn I had 3 cars stolen and was I stolen from a few times. I never had a cop protect me. People that feel that way are in for a rude awakening. I have never had a cop there until after the fact and that was worthless.

I just don't count on them for beans. There never there when you need them and when you do it takes a while if they do come. Not that I care its just that you can't count on them unless you break the law.

It is not their job to protect.............................

This is the very reason why some of these warrants served by SWAT teams scare the daylights out of me. Nothing good is going to come of this tactic. Either innocent homeowners who are thinking they are protecting their home or loved ones are going to be killed or police are going to get killed. It's the worst case of a no win situation I can think of.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top