JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got this in an email from a friend. Why is this mentality supported by the NRA? Why do you (if your a member) support such a position?

Begin: If you're a voting member of the NRA, you need to view this video before you fill out your ballot:
NRA board member Joaquin Jackson, the enemy with in - YouTube

NRA Board of Directors member Joaquin Jones is running for reelection this year. He is on record as supporting a FIVE (5) round magazine limit for all firearms. Worse than even New York's Governor Cuomo.

Send a message to the traitors like Joaquin Jones: vote for your full pick of 25 candidates and make sure his name is not one of them. Send Joaquin and his worn-out Texas Ranger routine packing to "New Yawrk City!"

1) We gun owners need to be united or we will not notice that we have lost our rights while occupied by bickering with each other. Save the fighting for the loonies on the left who think that We the People should be outgunned by the criminals.
2) NRA membership growth is screaming because people are scared about losing their rights. I'd say that most of the existing NRA membership shares that concern. NRA membership should have the clout to keep the organization on track, but it must exercise that clout.
3) I like Wayne LaPierre, but like George Bush, he should never be allowed to speak publicly. This is not his skill. The NRA, and other 2A advocates NEED to find spokespersons that the average person can relate to.

I don't understand. Is your problem with the fact that he is a board member, or that the NRA is sending out emails trying to get rid of a board member with ideas that their membership doesn't agree with?

He may have an impecable record on all other areas, but this is now the new fight, and times are changing. Would it be better to be loyal to their board member or put people in a position to defend our rights? I don't see this email warning as anything to be upset about, just good information.

I got this in an email from a friend. Why is this mentality supported by the NRA? Why do you (if your a member) support such a position?

Begin: If you're a voting member of the NRA, you need to view this video before you fill out your ballot:

NRA Board of Directors member Joaquin Jones is running for reelection this year. He is on record as supporting a FIVE (5) round magazine limit for all firearms. Worse than even New York's Governor Cuomo.

Send a message to the traitors like Joaquin Jones: vote for your full pick of 25 candidates and make sure his name is not one of them. Send Joaquin and his worn-out Texas Ranger routine packing to "New Yawrk City!"

My question to you is: Are you a voting member of the NRA or are you one of those types that just like to beach instead of getting off your arse and doing something. and if you are a voting member then use your vote to make things happen instead of just beaching about this and all the junk mail you get.

And what are your other reasons? The NRA isn't perfect, but it's all there is on a national level. IMO, if you are not a member then you are part of the problem. There are deals abound right now where you can join for very little or no $$$.

This is such crap!!!
He said 5 rds for civilians then talks about hunting. WTF!!! The 2A is not about hunting I dont give a flying intercoarse about hunting because if they take my AR it will not matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's relatively easy to find somebody you disagree with on something in any sizable group, let alone one as large as the NRA.

It's also easier to defeat a large group if they have been fractured by political infighting. It's called "Divide and Conquer"

You can bet that the emails, videos, news articles and such circulating that point out the NRA's faults weren't started by people with the NRA's interests at heart.

Determine the source of the information being fed to you in this "instant information" world we live in, then carefully consider the sources true goal.

The NRA is carrying the load right now fighting the new gun control efforts.

The real reason you're not a member is you want to sit on the couch eating potato chips while the rest of us get the work done.

We all know when people get elected by people that don't research, bad things can happen. So it is everyone's responsibility to get involve and vote the right way to turn it around. This is more about the voters that didn't know who they were voting for than a fault with the organization. Anyone saying anything bad about any pro-gun lobby or group is only hurting our cause! If one person is turned away or doesn't donate to fight our war against the anti-gunners by what you have said, you are just as bad as the ones that want to take our rights away. Fighting between our self's takes away the time we could be writing our senators, representatives or researching our next vote. We don't have time for this bull so if you have something bad to say about any of the pro-gun groups than just know your hurting everyone here and looking like a fool at the same time! I wish people that have a problem with the pro-gun groups and need someone to talk to, would take it to private email.;)

The NRA is carrying the load right now fighting the new gun control efforts.

The real reason you're not a member is you want to sit on the couch eating potato chips while the rest of us get the work done.

Agreed. And if the OP is not supporting the NRA, where is he putting his money? There are a number of other organisations you can join: Gun Owners of America, Jews For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership, Second Amendment Foundation...Which is it?

Put up, or shut up.

There are many reasons to be disappointed with the NRA. No matter how many of them there are, I believe we would be much worse off without them. Think about Australia for a minute.

I support the NRA, but send even more money to OFF & Gun Owners of America who try to keep the NRA in line.

Other organizations doing will include CCRKBA, JPFO, SAF and a host of others. If you are disappointed in the NRA, support one of the others!

Like it or not, anything the NRA or any other 2A org. does to successfully defend OUR 2A rights (yes, yours and mine) will benefit you. It's like saying you don't support CCA or any other groups who oppose gilnets in the Columbia river, but when the gillnets in the Columbia are banned, you benefit. Like a couch potoato who want's others to do what is needed to benefit YOU...
Get off the couch g.i. joe & do something constructive and stop complaining!!!

Well I think that its OK that you choose not to support the NRA. But I do hope you then support GOA, The Second Amendment Foundation or some other pro-gun rights group. Get on board and support the second amendment or watch your gun rights evaporate. Time is short and the enemy is at the gate.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews