JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOL i am in the mojave desert for a few more days then home to Oregon. I was out looking for these tasty danger noodles, yesterday, no luck, maybe better luck today.

It's just another story to support climate change. I grew up in Rattle Snake country. You leave them alone, they leave you alone. Worst time to be around snake country is when they are moulting, (shedding skin). Typically coming out of winter dens and they will strike at anything moving nearby. Most other times, they rattle a warning to keep away. I have heard that in Texas, snake behaviors are changing because of the feral pig population. The pigs love to eat snakes, and the snakes have adapted to not rattling as a result.

It's just another story to support climate change. I grew up in Rattle Snake country. You leave them alone, they leave you alone. Worst time to be around snake country is when they are moulting, (shedding skin). Typically coming out of winter dens and they will strike at anything moving nearby. Most other times, they rattle a warning to keep away. I have heard that in Texas, snake behaviors are changing because of the feral pig population. The pigs love to eat snakes, and the snakes have adapted to not rattling as a result.
Natural selection at work. I last was in the SW in the early 90's. Spent decades there and it was already common then to run across the critters and have them not make a sound. Had a couple REALLY close calls to stepping on one while bird hunting because they were trying to get away from me but not making a sound until shot. Those that used their rattle to warn were too often killed. So only those who did not lived to make more snakes. Last couple close calls were with VERY large ones that were scary as hell when you would suddenly notice them moving away from you. :eek:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top