JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I cannot imagine committing a home invasion robbery, but then again I could not steal a piece of bubblegum from the corner market either. It must take extreme desperation or heavy-duty drugs to even consider doing something like this. At least there is one less of them in the world now, too bad he did not get them all.

One down 3 to go.. a properly utilized 12 GA shotgun could have upped the score

If they break and enter in WA state they are fair game

People are breaking into homes during the day more often than early morning hours.The thieves believe no one is home and assume they are at work.They may have knocked and realized /thought no one was home as it said he was asleep and decided to break and enter.It sucks that we have to go about living and have to be armed at all times to be safe from thieves and killers/rapists.You will see more of this for sure.I cannot imagine having to sit on my couch armed while watching TV and have someone bust in the door but that is what things have come to anymore.Sad days.

Yes - lot of times when they just see someone leaving for work, especially with no second car in the driveway.

Home invasions are really very rare. More time should be spent on securing your home when you are NOT there. Amazing that most people make zero effort. No 3" deck screws securing door parts, no cameras, no steel door jams, no secured windows or sliding glass doors - nothing. Just a wimpy front door w/ 3/4" screws into soft wood.

In a twisted way I have to chuckle thinking about some meth head picking some of the member's homes here as targets for a home invasion. Geezus Christ! "AK by the bed, .45 under the pillow, 12g by the bedroom door" etc. Hamburger helper. Poor meth head would be walking right into a meat grinder.

Crow bar or not,are we supposed to do an interview as to what the invader is wanting today?
Remember how many weapons you have in your house,that aren't firearms.
Go walk around and do an inventory of the everyday things that would hurt real bad or kill you if used against you.
Start in the kitchen,with just the pans.
Then to your kids sport bag

With a decent lawyer,you should never have to go to court for shooting someone invading your house.

Oregon state law explicitly names "burglary in a dwelling" as a justification for lethal force:

161.219 Limitations on use of deadly physical force in defense of a person. Notwithstanding the provisions of ORS 161.209, a person is not justified in using deadly physical force upon another person unless the person reasonably believes that the other person is:
(1) Committing or attempting to commit a felony involving the use or threatened imminent use of physical force against a person; or
(2) Committing or attempting to commit a burglary in a dwelling; or
(3) Using or about to use unlawful deadly physical force against a person. [1971 c.743 §23]

Crow bar or not,are we supposed to do an interview as to what the invader is wanting today?
Remember how many weapons you have in your house,that aren't firearms.
Go walk around and do an inventory of the everyday things that would hurt real bad or kill you if used against you.
Start in the kitchen,with just the pans.
Then to your kids sport bag

With a decent lawyer,you should never have to go to court for shooting someone invading your house.

My house looks like a medieval armory. I am not waiting to see which weapon they have pulled off the wall

Of all the days of the week they break into his house on his day off and had to break into a retired LEO's home.

It hopefully sends a strong msg to would be burglars... People have been arming themselves and are not afraid of using it to defend themselves.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top