Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

An open letter to Honda

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Abiqua, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Abiqua

Abiqua Oregon Active Member

In regards to the new Honda Odyssey commercial featuring "The Hellion" by the metal gods Judas Priest.
    I listen to Judas Priest. I know Judas Priest. Judas Priest is a friend of mine.
    I saw Judas Priest play "The Hellion" on the Screaming for Vengeance tour in 1982.
    Honda Odyssey, you're no Judas Priest.
    STOP STOP STOP using Judas Priest to sell minivans.

2. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

Peter, Paul and Mary would be more appropriate.

3. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

Got to LOVE The Priest!

4. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

5. Bajablast

Bajablast Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Maybe Barry Manilow??

Judas Priest should be used to sell the new Ford Raptor if anything.........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE...WITH THE
    INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL
    PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE,
    THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY
    PROCLAIMING----WOW----WHAT A RIDE!!!"

6. magnum

magnum Springfield American....'nuff said

7. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

Man when I saw that post I thought Honda was making these again

http://hondaodyssey.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/honda-odyssey-atv.jpg

8. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

When I saw this commercial I got sick:( But did Priest sell them the rights for the commercial? Or was it just taken and used? In this sue happy society I think that Priest sold out and now there song is going be used in a mini van add.
    I am of the age that listened to them and also went to a concert and still love the music. It just is sad to see the older stuf used like this:confused:

9. supergenius

supergenius 206 Active Member

10. coyote223

coyote223 NW Oregon Stamp Collector,,,

I guess I'm the odd man out. When Rob came out of the closet in 98, the few Priest albums I had went into the trash. Ram it down and H*** bent for leather, just didn't have the same meaning anymore. :paranoid: :p :huh: :D

11. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

12. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

Led Zeppelin sells Cadillacs. I'm sure Judas Priest was well compensated.

13. soberups

soberups Newberg Well-Known Member

He may have "come out" in '98 but his sexual preference was widely known for a long time prior to that. Gay or not, he has a helluva voice and I was a huge Priest fan back in the day.

This isnt the first Odyssey commercial that uses classic rock; there was a similar one aimed at women a few months back that used the song "Barracuda" by Heart. The minivan started out as a 70's era customized van (painted mural, shag carpets, bubble windows) and morphed into the current Odyssey.

14. coyote223

coyote223 NW Oregon Stamp Collector,,,

Maybe, if you were a big time fan you probably knew. I had a couple albums, only liked a few of their songs anyhow. I didn't really follow their stories. The gay pride wasn't really in your face back then, like it is today. :sleep:

15. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

haven't driven an Ody have you? They are quite good, we've had two, a '95 and the '05 we now have.

BTW: their 0-60 is under 8 seconds (better than the Mustang Boss 302 is it's heyday). They handle great, are comfortable to drive (the leather interior is nice too) and I get 27 mpg on the highway.

Oh yes, I hardly notice it behind the MH when I tow it.

Deen
    NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
    WAC Member
    SWWAC Member

16. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

Come on, its not like they are Breaking The Law or anything.

17. rustyfirst

rustyfirst The great northwet New Member

To all you honda driving, rice burner owners out there, I LOVE THE SMELL OF BURNT RICE! Buy and drive AMERICAN before they cash your paycheck and hand you YEN in return! How many veterans drive imports? Had any good korean cars lately? WAKE UP AMERICA!
    Signed,
    A DETROITER!
    thru and thru

18. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

19. supergenius

supergenius 206 Active Member

So I guess my 700 WHP Accord wouldnt either... Until I walked it out on whatever car youre going to e-bench race me with??? LOL (This post is all in good fun)...

back in the late 80s when I was a Mopar guy through and though... If youd ever have told me Id end up with a HONDA as my "performance" choice id have laughed at you.

But, times change. The Dart ran in the high tens and was not slow by any means, however my Accord pulls harder on the long end of the track than the MOPAR EVER did. LOL

But that probably wouldn't impress you either... Neither will A dyno vid of it making 650 WHP (Actaully 630 here as I let out early due to AFRs geiing lean). Next pull was 650 at the wheels... Thats with slicks in 4th gear at 9K in the vid below.... Thew slicks alone were robbing 30ish from the numbers at least. Stopped there at the time, as the shop was closing.

Making 700 now (All 135 CU inches of it), I havent ran it since that vid a year and a half or so ago... But well into the tens at 140MPH trap, and walking over v8 stuff making more, oh yes... and the GSXR 1000 squids.... unless you have something of substance to offer thats title is in your name... Please, sit back relax, and enjoy... Or bring your bike, Camaro... or whatever you have out and put your money where your mouth is LOL

YouTube - MOV027

Absolutely agree. Last time I was there was 2000, Im sure it hasnt gotten any better.

Bottom line is Honda builds GREAT cars. We can (are and have) learned alot from them (The Japs)

Bring your detroit muscle and checkout why Rice is nice... LOL. There are plenty of vets that own immported wheels... Are you serious???

For the record since you brought up Korean cars... My sister hasd Hyandai (korean ya?)... Car is solid, reliable comfy and runs great... Will last for 250K plus too... LMK how that works out for your Chevy..

20. BlvdKing

BlvdKing Almost Boring Member

I agree we need to keep manufacturing in the USA but before making blanket statements do a little research.
    2011 Honda Odyssey Video Press Conference Remarks by Art St. Cyr, Chief Engineer and Steven Frey, Principal Engineer Honda R&D Americas, Inc. - Honda.com