JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess I'm a little jaundiced in regards to how Hollywood portrays heroes.
Lately, I've been taking my neighbor up to the VA hospital for treatments for his back injuries he received in Nam.
As I wait for him to get through the lengthy treatment processes, I have talked with more then a few Gulf War vets with missing limbs and their struggles with adapting to their artificial prosthesis devises.
If you want to shed a tear, try visiting your local VA hospital, it's full of heroes.

^^^^^^^What he Said ^^^^^^

100% right on.

And it is a movie, based upon a real life person, with a bit of hollywood's "Make it more than real"

If Clint produced it, a Second Ammendment SUPPORTER made it...

'Nuff said 'bout that...

American. Sniper. The topic. "American Sniper" name of the Movie.

Great portrayal .......

philip. Out.

Honestly I cried at the end of American Sniper

A person would have to be pretty un-American to not have tears in their eyes at the end of the movie. The ending is by far the more powerful part, since it is all real news coverage video.

Easily the most moving ending that I have ever seen in a film. The film is well worth watching just to see the end, if nothing else.

I did enjoy the movie, but will never try to second guess the man.
I will give him the honor and respect he did earn.
Also for the many lives he and others like him saved with their accuracy and
difficult tasks they preformed to do so.
God Bless you Chris Kyle and everyone that went before and after you.

Here, here, Taku. You are so on target here with your remarks.

I don't know how or why anyone feels that there is any controversy about this movie. It is Hollywood folks. The film is not meant to be an exact documentary, it is meant to entertain you.

And these scurrilous false rumors that Chris and his wife Taya were divorced are downright ugly. As well as attacks on her for keeping profits. Remember, she had to give Jesse Ventura $1.8 million to settle his lawsuit against Chris. And their two children no longer have a father to support them.

As far as I can determine, those ridiculous rumors were started in an article by a tabloid magazine: The Hollywood Reporter. No mainstream news media ever carried those accounts attacking Taya. Does no one here realize the kind of utterly worthless B. S. publications like that put out?

And does no one here not realize how liberal the Hollywood Reporter is? And how much it would love to discredit Chris Kyle and his family?

And as far as attacks on the film about accuracy, I first saw those appear on SLATE magazine, one of the most liberal publications in America. People who hate not only Chris Kyle but also our military are the ones who have utterly nitpicked the film to death regarding "accuracy".

Hollywood was utterly incensed last year that such a conservative, pro-military film was the runaway box office winner. No other film last year came close. There was a huge campaign in Hollywood to attack the film, and those behind it, as the last thing on earth the liberal Hollywood community wanted was for such a patriotic film to win the Academy Award for Best Picture.

So instead, for Best Picture, the film industry insiders in the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences gave us BIRDMAN as being the best film of the year.

Tell me, how many people here saw BIRDMAN?????? Did you find its story to be more credible and moving than AMERICAN SNIPER??

why-birdman-is-the-best-movie-of-the-year.jpg

Birdman-5.jpg

Birdman.jpg

I know his estate is going through a lawsuit with Jesse Ventura, I doubt she could release money until the court case is settled. Funny how people here attack a dead man's family, even if he was divorced he still had kids that need support.
This is why I support her. She has had to deal with a heck of a battle dealing with his death, all the media and tributes because of who he was, raising her kids, juggling finances while spending money on attorney's, dealing with attorney's, and then this butt wipe ventura. Not to mention loud mouth critics like on this forum.
She has had to do this all on her own. She couldn't just go quietly and mourn on her own, huddle her kids together and adjust to life without Dad, like most widows get to do.

My son meet Tanya Kyle and some of her associates in Salem on Friday night. They are touring the country holding these speaking events. He was very moved and proud to meet these warriors. They are supporting our veterans by doing this, and helping every one involved.

My wife and I rented Birdman a while back ...
... and it holds the record for the ONLY movie we have EVER watched that was so bad we were willing to waste the $1 rental cost and we quit watching it after a half hour.:mad:

It shouldn't have been packaged in a dvd case...
...a diaper or litter box would have been more appropriate.

Wow... tough room..... I saw birdman, and it was a good movie. Keaton is a great actor. While I personally would not put it in the same category as Sniper, it was a decent movie. I guess you actually have to watch it, and THEN make a decision.

American Sniper, was a very well done movie. I have watched it many times, and still find new things in it that I had not noticed before. I will watch it many times in the future, but I like movies, and get them all the time.

Wow... tough room..... I saw birdman, and it was a good movie. Keaton is a great actor. While I personally would not put it in the same category as Sniper, it was a decent movie. I guess you actually have to watch it, and THEN make a decision.

American Sniper, was a very well done movie. I have watched it many times, and still find new things in it that I had not noticed before. I will watch it many times in the future, but I like movies, and get them all the time.

I got a bit squeamish watching when his nose got shot off:

screen-shot-2015-01-29-at-12-02-00-pm.png

I am currently reading the book. It is significantly different than the movie. You can say "based upon"
They have to have plot points - and how do you pull that bit out. Composite characters.

The book also has some gun-geek moments, where Chris lists all the specs and why he picked a particular weapon for a particular mission.

And there is some humor.

All the seals deploy to the desert from aircraft and get stuck in the mud. All of them. Oil had been released to make the ground soft where they were inserted.

And the guy who earns the nick name - Runaway.

I had seen the movie a few times - theater and on TV (edited)

The book is not written like an action movie. It is a sailor recounting his life.

The book stands, I recommend it (tho I am only about a 1/3 thru)

Teya has received 15 million dollars from both the book that Chris wrote and the movie.
Chris wanted all the money from the book to go to the charity he set up for his 2 fellow seals families and other fallen/wounded soldiers.

She has kept every cent since he and Chad were killed.
Don't watch or buy the movie and don't support her.
Chris was divorced from her before he was killed, she is not what you see in the movie or on TV.

Gov. Perry got #1

View attachment 239330
Most people you see on TV and movies aren't.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top