JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got half way through the video then turned it off.
The book was way better then Hollywood's half azz portrayal of him.
The real deal breaker was when his snatch and grab team were riding in the back of what looked like a dump truck while he was on the sat phone with his wife and it was daylight on both sides of the planet.
Any 10 year old could have lobbed a grenade from a roof top into that steel coffin, let alone watching the Iraqi bad guy with his AK-47 sniper rifle that he was using to pick off his targets with incredible precision.

I wasn't really an AK47 Sniper Rifle...just sayin'

Dragunov-sniper-rifle.jpg

I'll concede that point, but all the other inconsistencies far outweigh any real world portrayal of what went on over there.
Read the book, you'll be better off.

I'll concede that point, but all the other inconsistencies far outweigh any real world portrayal of what went on over there.
Read the book, you'll be better off.

And even then, the Dragunov is very AK - (ISH)...... like the AR15 - / AR10 thing........

But yeah, they are very nice, the Dragunov. Very expensive as well......

And even then, the Dragunov is very AK - (ISH)...... like the AR15 - / AR10 thing........

But yeah, they are very nice, the Dragunov. Very expensive as well......

Off topic but the svd is not "AKish" at all. Maybe you are thinking of the PSL. While it shares a few cosmetic features, mechanically, the svd is a completely different animal.

Ya the left hates hero's every time someone stands out as a hero the left digs up every bit of dirt they can to Alinski him. If they can't find dirt then they make it up. They fear hero's because hero's become leaders.

I still liked it as a movie.
We dont get any decent action/military movies anymore.

Its all effin old guys like Liam Nielsen karate chopping firearms out of mens hands who are three times their size and half their age .. Spare me :rolleyes:

I just call doing that a regular Saturday! You saying it is unlikely?
Really though I do not even watch most of the action crap these days. Give me Original Die Hard, Tombstone, or Indiana Jones. At least there was no BS martial arts involved in someone delivering a serious bubblegum whooping.

Grand Torino was awesome as well.

I don't care what anyone says about the movie, the book, his wife etc. In a period in history where America is struggling, we need a few Hero's to look up to and remind us of what sacrifice, honor and integrity are, even if the celebrated parts are less accurate than the reality.

Jesse Ventura is a coward and a thief as far as I am concerned.

People who bemoan the movie for its accuracy or lack there of need to flip the lever on their arm chairs and go outside for a while too.

After all I'm sure that Davey Crockett DID actually kill him a bear when he was only 3. right? Let it go. Let people have someone to remember and look up to.

Running a dead mans name through the mud, speaking about his wife, their relationship etc. is pretty low in my opinion.

Since the beginning of time Heroes have been flawed...that's part of what makes them heroes. The stories told have also been flawed, badguy made badder, goodguy made better, time altered to fit the format of the tale.

Like us, our heroes are imperfect, it's overcoming their fears and flaws to do something that most wouldn't, that sets them apart. They inspire us to overcome ours.

Petty squabbling over a few factual lapses in a big production movie about a real life hero is absurd. Hero's tales have been told throughout history to inspire and entertain by parents, grandparents, teachers, playwrights, poets, puppeteers and kids with sticks as weapons... it's the story that inspires us to try harder, to do better...not the props.

Forest for the trees...

PS: When its' 9:am in Texas (light outside) it's 5: pm in Baghdad (also light outside).
http://www.happyzebra.com/timezones-worldclock/difference-between-Baghdad-and-Dallas.php

Last Edited:
I guess I'm a little jaundiced in regards to how Hollywood portrays heroes.
Lately, I've been taking my neighbor up to the VA hospital for treatments for his back injuries he received in Nam.
As I wait for him to get through the lengthy treatment processes, I have talked with more then a few Gulf War vets with missing limbs and their struggles with adapting to their artificial prosthesis devises.
If you want to shed a tear, try visiting your local VA hospital, it's full of heroes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top