JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i saw that too and was wondering whether it was worth it ... it certainly is a piece of history, but controversial in terms of accuracy... how about it Taku, have seen the movie? Did you follow the discussion about how close to the facts it is? The accounts of what happened are still coming in.

i saw that too and was wondering whether it was worth it ... it certainly is a piece of history, but controversial in terms of accuracy... how about it Taku, have seen the movie? Did you follow the discussion about how close to the facts it is? The accounts of what happened are still coming in.

Not sure if we'll ever know exactly what happened, but it was a good movie and worth watching for sure. I've probably watched it 2 or 3 times now over the past few months and still enjoy it.

Teya has received 15 million dollars from both the book that Chris wrote and the movie.
Chris wanted all the money from the book to go to the charity he set up for his 2 fellow seals families and other fallen/wounded soldiers.

She has kept every cent since he and Chad were killed.
Don't watch or buy the movie and don't support her.
Chris was divorced from her before he was killed, she is not what you see in the movie or on TV.

Gov. Perry got #1

sheet055_zpsa02a90bf.jpg

Last Edited:
I bought the movie the day that it was released. I don't care about the politics or controversies. I read the book, which I thought was excellent, and watched the movie at the theaters, and I think it is the best modern war movie and one of the best all time war movies. I am looking forward to watching it in the comfort of my home this weekend.

I know his estate is going through a lawsuit with Jesse Ventura, I doubt she could release money until the court case is settled. Funny how people here attack a dead man's family, even if he was divorced he still had kids that need support. Got any proof they were divorced, why would he leave his estate to her if they were divorced?

I still liked it as a movie.
We dont get any decent action/military movies anymore.

Its all effin old guys like Liam Nielsen karate chopping firearms out of mens hands who are three times their size and half their age .. Spare me :rolleyes:

I still liked it as a movie.
We dont get any decent action/military movies anymore.

Its all effin old guys like Liam Nielsen karate chopping firearms out of mens hands who are three times their size and half their age .. Spare me :rolleyes:

I agree about not many good war movies anymore, but as far as movies that came out in the past couple of years Lone Survivor is definitely one of my favorite in the war genre.

I'm a sucker for war/action pictures. My wife even has gotten to like them.
Zero Dark Thirty, Fury, Lone Survivor, Hurt Locker, hell.... I could go on and on... I even liked Battleship :p

Good to know TaKu.

Maybe I'll swing by and buy it.

Haven't seen it but if the left hates it must have something good about it.

It is an OK movie, but has many inaccuracies in it as far as the action scenes. That comes from someone who was in the same situation.

You can never tell the whole story in 90 minutes.

While that is all true, I think we just have to be conscious of the fact that it is just a movie and was made to ultimately make money and that translates into dramatization and inaccuracy. It was a good movie in my opinion, but by no means was it mind blowing or a favorite of mine even for the war genre.

I think they did a good job of developing his character (even if it isn't totally accurate) and having the viewer connect to what was going on in the movie. Without knowing the back story he comes off as a compassionate hero who made great sacrifices for his country and fellow soldiers, all of that is true as far as I'm concerned but his image was then tainted by whatever he said or did at different points after his deployment.

I think movies like this are good and bad, good because they show some of the situations our soldiers deal with (even if dramatized) but bad because they cause people to focus on individuals and not the military and the hundreds of thousands of soldiers who have made similar or greater sacrifices serving their country. Soldiers have killed and died voluntarily for our country before Chris Kyle was born and they will continue to do so after his death and it's important that we remember that. I know this group probably is one of the few that needs to be reminded of this but I thought I'd just let my thoughts roll.

Stepping off my soapbox now...

Agreed. The worst inaccuracy was the scene where he was on sat phone with his wife in the middle of live action. That would never happen. The sat phones were rotated platoon to platoon, but making calls to your family in action is not happening.

I got more than a few 3 am sat phone calls when our boys were over there, and they were all in camp when they made them. You simply had to keep your head in the game when out in the field.

National hero. Maybe a bit of PTSD mixed in, of course. This country would be better off if there were more like him. Gladly buying the blu-ray. Saw it in the theaters on opening day. Took the day off work to do so. RIP Mr. Kyle.

I did enjoy the movie, but will never try to second guess the man.
I will give him the honor and respect he did earn.
Also for the many lives he and others like him saved with their accuracy and
difficult tasks they preformed to do so.
God Bless you Chris Kyle and everyone that went before and after you.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top