JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The President of the American Medical Association has declared that gun violence has become a "public health crisis", that requires immediate action by the Congress. He said that the AMA will launch a strong lobbying campaign for new gun control laws, and has asked the Congress to focus most of its attention on controlling access to handguns.

The AMA also demanded that Congress allow the Center for Disease Control to study gun violence as being a disease that affects the health of the nation. Here is a link to their press release:

<broken link removed>

It appears that guns are now considered to be a disease, and the American Medical Association wants a cure to be found!

What about the epidemic of Quackery and Medical Malpractice, like the case that killed my grandfather and sent me into a catastrophic nervous breakdown before I held an age out of the single digits?

How many other people have died, how many children traumatized as I was, by these charlatans that demand we treat them as little gods and give them power over Life and Death?

You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

How Many Die From Medical Mistakes in U.S. Hospitals? (https://www.propublica.org/article/how-many-die-from-medical-mistakes-in-us-hospitals)

FTA:
Now comes a study in the current issue of the Journal of Patient Safety that says the numbers may be much higher — between 210,000 and 440,000 patients each year who go to the hospital for care suffer some type of preventable harm that contributes to their death, the study says.

That would make medical errors the third-leading cause of death in America, behind heart disease, which is the first, and cancer, which is second.

The number of doctors who are members of the AMA is about the population of Billings Montana.
AMA likes to tout itself as the organization that speaks for all of us but it isnt. I'd worry about them as much as I would Billings driving the political narrative

Good LUCK finding out where my paranoid arse lives! LOL Think you can understand a certain ingrained distrust after what I went through though... Grandpa's cardiologist was force-feeding him three doses of Allopurinol each day each equal to the entire daily maximum starting dose, and his idea of introducing himself when Grandpa had his heart attack was "you will do as I say without hesitation or question, or you can die right here for all I care."

Yeah, real peach that G.S., huh?

Good LUCK finding out where my paranoid arse lives! LOL Think you can understand a certain ingrained distrust after what I went through though... Grandpa's cardiologist was force-feeding him three doses of Allopurinol each day each equal to the entire daily maximum starting dose, and his idea of introducing himself when Grandpa had his heart attack was "you will do as I say without hesitation or question, or you can die right here for all I care."

Yeah, real peach that G.S., huh?
sounds like a jerk. There are a lot of docs who are jerks. Sorry.

But when it comes to firearm issues like this, physicians are really nothing to worry about. As a group, the majority of us are pushovers. We all seem to be happy getting reimbursed 20% of our bills from medicaid and 30% of our bills from Medicare. And then if we miss documenting one physical exam point the DOJ considers it medicare fraud. The AMA gets to determine how much we are paid and the most they do to "lobby" for us is to keep congress from cutting medicare further.

If we cant even stand together to get a better rate than 20% reimbursement then we will do jack-all for gun control.

This is just the ~100 members of the House of Delegates at the AMA trying to throw their weight around

Funny thing is since then I've been lucky, I've been very assertive about "you have all the knowledge but you're not the one who could potentially DIE on the table so My Body My Call, and things will work a lot better if we approach this as partners in fixing my problem," and most of my own docs have appreciated my wanting to learn what was involved before selecting options and proceeding.

An involved and actively collaborating patient beats a passive lump on the table, right? :)

My wife is an MD. Not one penny goes to the AMA. Actually, I don't know of any of our friends who donate to the AMA either. I get letters from them all the time asking for money or dues. Into the trash they go.

Shut up and do your job, which is not redefining your political pet peeves as a disease.

Besides, there are better places to start than gun violence.

I would like to see the entitlement and narcissism of Kanye West and the Kardashians treated as a disease, and preferably, eradicated.

Or we could start with chronic welfare recipients as diseased.

As fun as all this is to talk about, it is a bastardization of what the AMA and CDC purport to do, and should be quickly stamped out.

Last Edited:
I would like to see the entitlement and narcissism of Kanye West and the Kardashians treated as a disease, and preferably, eradicated.

Have you seen the new music video that features a near nude Kim Kardashian taking a shower in Milk??

:D:D

I still do not understand why people consider her to be such a beauty. What is the point of her existence on this earth??

kim-kardashian13.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads